QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

John,
Trying to remember the name of a restaurant that was in side of a house I think near Cottage Hospital area that served good family meals in various rooms of the house. Has been gone for at least 30+ years. I think it may have been on bath street.
– Barbara

Hi Restaurant Guy,
The Original Habit in Goleta has stopped making their Chile Burger Is there another Burger place in Santa Barbara / Goleta where I might get a Chile Burger?
– Bill

Hi John,
I attended UCSB in 1986 (I know- old). There was this great Italian restaurant in Goleta that served a beautiful 7 (ish) layered lasagne (I think bechamel sauce/spinach?). I was wondering if this rings any bells? Thanks so much, enjoy what you do very much!
– Anne

This entry was posted in Restaurant News. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

1. Jill Nida says:

Totally absolutely bummed about the Habit not serving their famous fabulous chili burger!! It was the BEST item on their menu. I won’t be going there much anymore.

• Josh says:

• Josh says:

Best chili cheese fries EVER. Sadly miss them and yes, don’t go anywhere near as often as I used to now that the chili is gone, but perhaps more important, that most of the long time employees seem to have gone as well :’(

2. Matt93111 says:

Anne – Lasagne… maybe Pino’s Pizzeria? Or Baltieri’s? (God, I miss Pino’s!) Any better description of the building or street whereabouts?

3. Ruth says:

Was the restaurant in the house, The Redwood Inn?

4. Susan says:

Could the restaurant in a house be the
    Blue Shark Bistro on Victoria St.
    Our family always enjoyed Birthday Celebrations
    in a “private” breakfast room
    in the back of the house!
    Our two grandson’s now
    young men loved celebrating their birthdays there!

5. Whirl says:

In addition to Matt’s post I was also thinking of a place in the Fairview Center, relatives of Pino, 2 people’s names, Bella & Franks, Franko & Rosa’s…something like that. Also Italia was over there. I’m also UCSB class of ’86.

6. Whirl says:

John, Perhaps it is what is now http://www.liveoakcafe.com. It’s had a few names over many years.

7. Sharon says:

Why did The Good Plow close? Is that temporary? It is/was a GREAT place!! We counted on it for organic mostly vegan food.