Here is a list of area eateries that have permanently closed this year:
- November 2021: Good Cup, 918 State St.; Little Alex’s, 1024 Coast Village Rd., Montecito; Mollie’s, 1218 State St.
- October 2021: Crazy Jim’s Tacos y Mas, 505 State St.; El Pollo Loco, 2984 State St.; Woody’s BBQ, 5112 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- September 2021: Cava Restaurant & Bar, 1212 Coast Village Rd., Montecito; Domino’s, 1039 Casitas Pass Rd., Carpinteria; Itsuki Restaurant, 7127 Hollister Ave., Goleta (changing to IHOP)
- August 2021: Vegan GreenGO, 3613 State St.
- July 2021: none
- June 2021: Barb’s Pies, 18 E. Cota St. (now Rascal’s); The Point Coffee, 370 Storke Rd., Goleta
- May 2021: Alphie’s, 5725 Hollister Ave., Goleta; New Si Chuan Garden, 2840 De la Vina St. (changing to Red Pepper); Starbucks, 800 State St. (changing to Belching Dragon Tavern); Subway, 888 Embarcadero Del Norte, Isla Vista (now Wingstop); Taqueria El Pastorcito, 4427 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- February 2021: Hibachi Steak House & Sushi Bar, 500 State St. (reopening); Malibu Farm at Miramar, 1759 S. Jameson Ln., Montecito (now The Revere Room); South Coast Deli, 6521 Pardall Rd., Isla Vista
- January 2021: Beachside Bar Café, 5905 Sandspit Rd., Goleta (changing to SeaLegs); Noemi Pizza Romana, 3534 State St. (now South Coast Deli); Panera Bread, 3851 State St.; Yanni’s at Mackenzie Market, 3102 State St.