Here is a list of area eateries that have opened in the last 12 months:
- October 2021: Old Town Coffee, 1131 State St.; Wingstop, 888 Embarcadero Del Norte Ste. C, Isla Vista
- September 2021: Coast Range & Vaquero Bar, 1635 Mission Dr., Solvang; Kyle’s Protein Grill, 7000 Hollister Ave. (reopened)
- August 2021: Centennial Beer Hall, 5871 Hollister Ave., Goleta; The Courthouse Tavern, 129 E. Anapamu St.; Goodland Dining, 231 S. Magnolia Ave., Goleta; The Good Plow, 5205 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria; Riviera Bar, 20 W. Figueroa St.
- July 2021: Alessia Patisserie & Café, 134 East Canon Perdido St.; Fatte’s Pizza, 2840 De la Vina St.; Jeannine’s Bakery, 1 State St.; Rascal’s, 18 East Cota St.
- June 2021: Caje, 811 State St. Ste. A
- May 2021: Cali-Forno Pizzeria, 905 State St. (rebranded from Persona Pizzeria); Costa Kitchen & Bar at Hotel Mar Monte, 1111 E. Cabrillo Blvd.; Crush Bar & Tap, 1129 State St. Ste A; The Daisy (reopened), 1221 State St.; NoTown Tavern, 5114 Hollister Ave.; Wingman Rodeo, 5892 Hollister Ave., Goleta
- April 2021: Le Cafe Stella (reopened), 3302 McCaw Ave.; The Point Coffee, 370 Storke Rd., Goleta (now closed); The Revere Room at Miramar, 1759 S. Jameson Ln., Montecito; SB Biergarten, 11 Anacapa St.; South Coast Deli, 3534 State St.
- March 2021: 4 Eggs & Pizza,1221 State St. Ste. 10; Palihouse Cafe and Bar, 915 Garden St.; Sear Steakhouse, 478 4th Place, Solvang; Secret Bao, 1201 Anacapa St.; Tondi Gelato, 723 State St.
- February 2021: Wingstop, 3849 State St.
- January 2021: Barb’s Pies, 18 E. Cota St. (now Rascal’s)
- November 2020: Cafe Lido at Mar Monte Hotel, 1111 E. Cabrillo Blvd.; Caje Coffee Roasters, 1316 State St.; Hustle & Grind Coffee Company, 11 W. De la Guerra St.; La Paloma Café, 702 Anacapa St.; Yona Redz Queso Tacos, 532 State St.
- October 2020: Cheese Shop Santa Barbara, 827 Santa Barbara St.; Chomp on the Rocks, 113 Harbor Wy., Ste. 180; Kyle’s Kitchen, 900 Embarcadero del Mar, Isla Vista; Olio Bottega, 11 W. Victoria St.
SEASIDE SENSATION: Manager Lalo Mendoza and co-owner Alison Hardey show some fresh-baked pastries at the new Jeannine’s Bakery at 1 State Street that opened in July. Photo by reader Steve H.