Little Dom’s Seafood soft opening in Carpinteria

Restaurateur Warner Ebbink and Executive Chef Brandon Boudet had a soft opening of their latest culinary venture Little Dom’s Seafood at 686 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria, the former home of Sly’s and The Zone Sports Grille. I first announced their pending arrival in January 2019. While the restaurant’s website does not say when they will open to the public, the menu is online. The eatery features local seafood, pizza hot out of the wood burning oven and Little Dom’s Italian classic. The liquor license owned by Sly’s was transferred to Little Dom’s which allows the venue to include a full bar.

Ebbink is a native Angeleno whose passion for restaurants extends beyond cuisine into architectural restoration. Ebbink and Boudet opened Hollywood’s 101 Coffee Shop in 2001. In 2004, Boudet and Ebbink, both proud of their Italian heritage, purchased the historic Dominick’s in West Hollywood, originally established in 1948. They went on to establish Little Dom’s in Los Feliz. Boudet was born and raised in New Orleans, influenced by Louisiana and Italian cooking. He has refined his skills in simple Italian cuisine with California market influence.

The new Carpinteria eatery includes a Seafood Bar that serves West Coast Oysters, East Coast Oysters, Chilled Creole Boiled Shrimp, Santa Barbara Live Uni, Fennel Seed Cured Cold Salmon, Vermillion Snapper Crudo, and Smoked Fish Rillettes.

Little Dom’s main menu offers Pizza Margherita, Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe, Squid Ink Malfadine, Linguine & Clams, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Meatball Burger, Cast Iron Seared Fish Sandwich, Chicken Parmesan, Fish Picatta, Wood Oven Roasted Whole Fish, Smoked Beef Tenderloin, Asparagus Milanese, Fried Potatoes, Fried Carrots, Sautéed Spinach, and Cauliflower “Risotto.” Pastries, salads, sandwiches, and Frittata of the Day are also available.

Call 805-749-7400.

Photos by Primetime

This entry was posted in Restaurant News. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Little Dom’s Seafood soft opening in Carpinteria

1. Carpinteria local says:

Worst time to open a restaurant. It better be good because Gianfranco trataría will probably be run out of town because of little doms.
    Thanks a lot little doms!!

2. Richard says:

Good luck with the opening and wishing you the greatest of success. I’m not a huge fan of southern Italian cuisine, but it is great to see some Cajun influence and I have been wondering when someone, anyone, locally would offer east coast oysters to complement our west coast myriad types of Crassostrea pacifica with varities of Crassostrea virginica. Bravo!

3. Local Carp Guy says:

Good menu, if they can nail service down a lot of people who go to Teddy’s by The Sea will come over. I don’t think NutBelly survives either. Old menu, average food and worst inside seating of anyone in Carp. Welcome Little Dom’s!

4. Coffee lover says:

I love the food and service at Teddy’s by the sea. Their social distancing and cleanliness is the best I have seen in any restaurant in Carpinteria and Santa Barbara.
    We are so lucky to have them in our wonderful community.

5. Johnathon says:

I agree they do a wonderful job at teddy’s by the sea. If little doms is able to provide the type of service we expect in our wonderful little community they should do ok.

6. Mazil O. Tingey says:

I find about half the menu to be pretty unappealing. While the seafood bar looks decent, everything else ranges from the ho-hum to downright unappetizing: Spaghetti & Meatballs? Fish Sandwich? Chicken Parmesan? Ugh. By the late 20th century, Italian dining in this country had made huge progress, with restaurants like Frasca in Boulder, CO (Friuli), La Ciccia (Sardinia) and A16 (the southern half of the Italian boot) in the Bay Area, Marea (seafood) in New York City, etc., showcasing Italy’s distinctive regional cuisines, it’s disappointing to see a new addition to our culinary scene falling back on heavy, tired old tropes like spaghetti and meatballs.

• Gerald Bostock says:

I’d eat any of those things, but I get your point. I mean, they have to call arancini “rice balls.” But c’mon, it’s Carpinteria. Isn’t it still a smaller, mellow, family-friendly town? with actual families? I’ll judge when I taste their food.

7. Tim says:

Don’t be hostile and foolishly territorial. These guys know what they’re doing. Little Doms used to be our neighborhood go to. It’s very legit. And we should welcome more investment in the restaurant business right now, not less.

8. Alisa Haley says:

I love red-sauce Italian as do most of my fam on the right coast. We have plenty of northern Italian cuisine here in SB. There’s room for all, if it’s quality!