KHAO KAENG CLOSES

Reader Annie and Yelp report that Khao Kaeng by Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar at 1187 Coast Village Road in Montecito has closed. Further clues that support this claim include: their web site is offline, their phone number is disconnected, and their space is available for lease. Khao Kaeng opened in November 2018.

This entry was posted in Restaurant News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to KHAO KAENG CLOSES

1. Christine says:

Well, that didn’t last long. Too bad. I guess their is still empty bowl. The food is really good.

2. Nobie says:

I believe they also run Wabi Sabi Sushi Bar in the public market. The best, most affordable sushi in SB.

3. Curry says:

I must say I am shocked. I only went once but planned on going again (and again), as everything about it was perfection, from the venue, the d├ęcor, the staff and, of course, the food. Sorry it did not work out for them for whatever reason.

4. Andrea Hein says:

Does anyone know why it closed? It seemed popular and the food was really good.

5. socalcitizen says:

Food is really good, but they raised their prices compared to the Public Market for the same stuff at this location. Always thought that was odd.

Maybe they can find cheaper rent and open in Goleta and do well. Could see Camino Real Marketplace being good for them assuming it’s cheaper than Coast Village.

6. VT says:

Coast Village Rd is a graveyard for businesses. High rents, no parking and nightmare traffic. And it’s only going to get worse.

7. Hefe says:

Great food easy parking(lot downstairs no one knew was there) but out of sight out of mind. Didn’t understand not using the Empty Bowls name there also.

8. JT says:

I don’t really understand what the appeal is to drive out to Montecito and pay more for the same dish at Public Market so I’m not really surprised it didn’t last.

9. Gary says:

I’m going to miss the Panang Curry with Beef — it isn’t on the menu at the Public Market location.

10. bruce says:

i agree with hefe no street visibility—and never understood why they did not use the empty bowl moniker–food was good but not as good as empty bowl—montecito needed an alternative asian spot–sorry to see it go