LITTLE DOOR TEMPORARILY CLOSED

Reader Jennifer spotted this sign at The Little Door, 129 East Anapamu Street:

“Dear Patrons, Unfortunately we’ve closed  our doors temporarily for improvements. Good news is we will be back better than ever. Please keep in touch with us for updates. reservations@thelittledoorsb.com. Thank you!”

8 Responses to LITTLE DOOR TEMPORARILY CLOSED

1. Peter says:

Uh, oh…
    Hope they will be back pronto! How odd that they would “temporarily” close weeks in the middle of the high season, weeks before Fiesta. Outstanding food & service based on our pst visits.

2. Hefe says:

Really a beautiful restaurant. It has been very busy the last several times there. I have no doubt they will be back better than before.

3. Pete says:

I love this restaurant. The atmosphere feels like a trip to Europe. But “temporarily closed” for improvements in the peak summer months is not a good sign. It seems unlikely that the health department closed them for repairs or something given that the kitchen is, I believe, essentially new. Sounds like financial issues. Management has been pretty open about how much they have struggled. I wish them good luck and hope they pull it together. They really deserve a long run in Santa Barbara.

4. Dennis says:

We love the Little Door… can’t wait for them to reopen soon!

5. Dugan says:

Their web site says : ” We have closed our doors indefinitely until further notice” !!!
    Second time in so many years they’re closed for undefined reasons.
    Looks like they’re gone for good !

6. Nick Thiel says:

I had reservations for Saturday and got an email that says it is closed PERMANENTLY. Why do that in the middle of the tourist season? Wish they had give it more of a chance, I loved this restaurant. There’s no restaurant near State Street that’s as good. Very sad.

7. Bob Bierig says:

My favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara. Such a shame the City has no concern that their ridiculously cumbersome slow ridged approval and compliance policies kill businesses. This is an example. Thanks!