7-ELEVEN COMING TO LOWER STATE

Reader Annie says that a new 7-Eleven is opening at 700 State Street, the former home of Panera Bread and Left at Albuquerque. I am told that they have split the building and that the new 7-Eleven should be open by summer.

14 Responses to 7-ELEVEN COMING TO LOWER STATE

1. Cris says:

Hasn’t this been debated for years now? Did it get approval?

• Christine says:

“Did it get approval?”

No. 7-11 corporate has a new policy to add stores via rogue takeovers. It’s a new junk food militia, they believe it’s a constitutional right that everyone gets a slurpee and this specific location was found to be painfully without. We should thank the lawlessness of the new corporate gods.

2. Peter says:

Wow! Downtown State Street is really going “uptown”. Can’t wait for the 7-11 brand sushi with a slurpee chaser! With the closing of the State Street Jersey Mike’s, perhaps we can squeeze in another Starbucks,

3. Carol says:

This is the best we can do?

4. Sandy says:

You can thank our city leaders for the continuous decline of retail establishments in downtown Santa Barbara! The decline is astounding!

5. Hefe says:

I’d like to see an ABC store there.

6. Milo says:

Homeless need a new place to congregate

7. Chaz says:

Wow! A great draw for tourist dollars!

8. SL says:

The final nail in the coffin for demise of state street. Make my words fellow barbarians

• Rex Of SB says:

I was going to sarcastically suggest that some kind of dollar store would be a nice accompaniment to the new 7-Eleven on downtown State Street…and then I remembered that there already is one. We’ve really got nowhere to go now but up.

9. Frequent Diner says:

Sorry, I think 7-11 will be a huge, welcome addition to the area. Modern 7-11’s are clean and well maintained, well stocked, great freshly made coffee selection at a fraction of StarBucks prices. It will do well and bring in a lot of foot traffic.

10. Jose M says:

I agree that 7-11 is a great addition. I work downtown and love the idea of walking over for a slurpee on a break. Or if I want a junk food snack, I have somewhere to go to that actually caters to that instead of settling for CVS or Rite Aid. Did we need another chain restaurant that would fail in less than 2 years? Plus, really good coffee for half the price of Starbucks or Hipster Coffee joints is an added bonus.