Next month, on Thursday, February 14, couples everywhere will go out to honor Valentine’s Day and The Monarch (1295 Coast Village Road) will be an option to consider. The husband and wife duo, Phillip Frankland Lee and Margarita Kallas-Lee, are offering a special Valentine’s Day menu for $125/person that is meant to share as a couple, or with groups of friends who want to celebrate together.
The Valentine’s Day family-style tasting menu includes:
- Oysters on the Half Shell, with Caviar and Champagne
- Tuna Tartar on Lavash
- Beet Gnocchi with walnut sage butter, roasted walnut, Anacapa, black truffle
- King Trumpet and Calamari with rapini, pickled pepper, rutabaga puree, vadouvan
- Black Cod with baby artichoke, olive, leeks, pine nuts
- Quail with dates, wild rice, grains of paradise, honey
- 72-Hour Short Rib with cauliflower, rainbow chard, red wine glaze
- “Chocolate Dipped Strawberry”
- Selection of House-made Chocolate Bon-Bons
For reservations call 869-0789 or use Open Table.
Phillip Frankland Lee and Margarita Kallas-Lee at The Monarch. Photo by Jakob N. Layman