PALAZZIO UPDATE

Reader Steve H. says that the Palazzio sign came down last week from its long-time home at 1026 State Street. I am also told that construction has begun on the interior. I spoke with Palazzio owner Ken Boxer who tells me lots of news if forthcoming. I’ll get back to you soon.

8 Responses to PALAZZIO UPDATE

1. Christine says:

I didn’t realize they had reopened after the 2015 closure. Bummer! They must not have been open for very long this past year.

2. :P says:

hope the food is better and hope they quit switching grey goose with cheap vodka

3. christie broesamle says:

Also… the chicken stock added to the pasta water is so shady. Hopefully that won’t be the case going forward.

4. Mike says:

I was walking by and spoke with the guys inside as the plywood was down and it was open. What a huge mess in there. I asked the guy if it was ever going to reopen and he said no way! Plus he said the rent was 30 grand a month. Ouch

• Sbmizzou says:

I don’t get what’s going on. Do is Ken Boxer putting o
      In a new place? I assume it would be a new renter and new resturant. You simply couldn’t close three years and pay rent unless Ken owned the property.

• El Guapo says:

The guys inside are contractors, you really think they know what the rent is? Definitely not close to 30k a month, but please keep spreading false rumors.

5. Mike says:

@ El Guapo…just relaying what was said to me. Plus looks like John has confirmed that it will not be reopening. If Johnny (Greek deli) can ask $28,000 for his place at State and Ortega then $30,000 for the Palazzio bldg. doesn’t sound like a rumor.