FINNEY’S OPENS ON THE WATERFRONT

Readers Jason, Brendan, and Primetime let me know that Finney’s Crafthouse & Kitchen has opened in the newly renovated Hotel Californian at 35 State Street, in the space once occupied by Rocky Galenti’s Bar & Restaurant. This is the second location for Finney’s whose flagship location is at 982 South Westlake Boulevard in Westlake Village. We might have to start calling South Coast their flagship home because the place was absolutely packed when I stopped by last week.

“Located in Westlake Village, Finney’s is a locally owned and operated restaurant and bar that brings upscale cooking to casual dining,” says owner Greg Finefrock. “Our local, seasonal ingredients are the soul of our culinary inspired American fare. Keeping it fresh, flavorful and at times, unexpected, are the goals we plan on continuing to hit with our first-class friendly service, menu, and bar. We offer 30 craft beers on draft, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails, fine California wines, and seven HDTVs for sports viewing. We are also kid-friendly, family-friendly, and dogs are always welcome on our patio. The combination of chef-inspired food and our craft bar makes Finney’s Crafthouse & Kitchen a comfortable and inviting gastropub that attracts guests of all types – especially a local crowd who can feel right at home, whether ordering a classic favorite or trying a new culinary delight! A great passion goes into every plate that passes through our kitchen to your table, and each dish is made from scratch and contains the best local ingredients we could find. Finney’s Crafthouse & Kitchen is open for lunch & dinner, with Monday-Friday happy hour specials.”

I am told that during Happy Hour (Monday-Friday 3-6 p.m.) beers are $5. Hours are 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sunday-Wednesday, Thursdays until 11 p.m., Friday-Saturday until midnight. Visit finneyscrafthouse.com.

12 Responses to FINNEY’S OPENS ON THE WATERFRONT

1. John says:

Just glanced at the menu, looks like this might actually be the first place in SB to serve the Impossible burger.

• ThisGirl says:

VERY exciting, but the good news is Borrello’s Pizza at Santa Claus Lane sells the Impossible burger now, too — there’s an interesting story behind this I’m sure the owners will share it if you ask. Hint: Involves Ellen Degeneres.

• Christine says:

Husband and I went to this new Finney’s for lunch last weekend and I had the Impossible Burger. It was amazingly, mind-blowingly, strikingly a match for hamburger meat. If I’d been served it without knowing it’s plant-based, I’d never notice the difference. It was delicious.

What a diverse menu, too! And THIRTY beers on tap, mostly local. The space is nice, it’s definitely a bar, but there are a variety of seating options from “communal” or group, to family. The servers were great – friendly and knowledgeable. Many sandwiches were about $12 which seems low for the address but very fair for the food being served. This is a much-needed option for the Funk Zone. We will be back regularly.

2. ThisGirl says:

Despite tearing down the rest of the building, it does my heart good to see the original facade; I met my husband just inside one of those arched windows in 1986 on a Sunday afternoon at Rocky’s. We can finally return to what was a special location for us! Too bad they didn’t keep the caricature paintings on the walls or we could engage in some serious flashbacks! In any case, I look forward to checking the new place out.

• Darby says:

@ ThisGirl…… I too met my husband on a Sunday, in 1986 just inside those arched windows! A week from Tuesday, we will be celebrating 30 years together! I just drove by Finney’s yesterday and saw it’s now open! I plan to return on June 5th to check out the new place! That said, Rocky’s was pretty epic!

3. dmo says:

7 HDTV’s?
    Really??
    No thanks…ho hum

4. Ted says:

Been to the Westlake location a bunch. The food is pretty good for bar fare and the ambiance is fun.

5. Molly says:

You Go ThisGirl! My husband and I met at our beloved Pascual’s and although it is soooo different, we still go to Trattoria Vittoria to celebrate our hook up night.