CHICKEN IN A BARREL CONFIRMED

Two weeks ago I wrote that reader Bill says that the former home of Petrini’s at 5711 Calle Real in Goleta might be the future home of Chicken in a Barrel BBQ. A coming-soon sign for Chicken in a Barrel BBQ has since appeared at that address. Owners Alex and Jennifer Vilera hadn’t planned on opening their own restaurant but after they moved from their home in Hawaii (home to Chicken in a Barrel BBQ) to California, they realized that the only way they were going to satisfy their craving for food from their favorite restaurant was by making it themselves. “We’re thrilled to have the Vileras as our first franchisees,” said Mike Pierce, Chicken in a Barrel founder and owner. “It was very important to us that our first franchise partners share the same goals and family values as we do, and Jennifer and Alex are a great fit in that sense. They, too, intend to spread the love of God with this business, and plan on creating a family-friendly atmosphere. We’re looking forward to seeing what great things come from them and the growth they’re bringing to the brand.”

11 Responses to CHICKEN IN A BARREL CONFIRMED

1. Rex Of SB says:

If they serve traditional Hawaiian plate lunch macaroni salad, I’ll be a customer for life.

• Josh says:

What, you mean L&L doesn’t cut it? 😀
      I too am really looking forward to this. Please can this town get a half decent BBQ place?? Is that too much to ask?

2. Christine says:

“They, too, intend to spread the love of God with this business, and plan on creating a family-friendly atmosphere.”

Family-friendly is outstanding, but I go out to eat to nourish my body, not be bombarded with someone’s ideas about their faith in an invisible deity. For the love of Christ, please just stick to good food.

3. ahs says:

Amen Christine. Love God, but please leave him out of the BBQ.

4. Don says:

If I don’t surf, should I be offended at a surf themed restaurant?

5. Josh says:

I think people are getting carried away by trying to read something more into the comment regarding “spread the love of God”. I wonder if people are as offended by this comment as they are by the inscriptions on In-n-Out cups, etc. Oh that’s right, no one is, because the burgers are good, and they aren’t actively doing any promoting of God, so most people don’t even notice. Just as I suspect will be the case with Chicken in a Barrel, except replace good burgers with good chicken 🙂

6. Ang says:

We love chicken in a barrel in Hawaii. They don’t preach at all. The chicken and ribs are amazing.