THE LITTLE DOOR REOPENS

One of the reasons I love this job is because every now and then I receive emails like this: “Hi John, unofficially The Little Door is open, across from the sunken gardens at 129 East Anapamu Street. We are just working out the kinks before any advertising. I’m behind the bar Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights after 5 p.m. Stop in sometime and I’ll buy you a drink! Cheers, Travis Gottlob.”

6 Responses to THE LITTLE DOOR REOPENS

1. Paul says:

I went to their original opening. They told me the beers I ordered were on the happy hr menu then when the bill came they charged me full price and wouldn’t change it. They said they would “buy me a beer” next time I was in. Hopefully things will be a little smoother this time around.

2. David says:

I am confused. This news was just posted yesterday but the Little Door has been part of SB Restaurant Week since last Friday. I also had a friend eat there over the weekend. I have reservations for tomorrow night. Should I be worried?Are they actually open or working out kinks?

• Travis says:

Hi, we just didn’t want to get slammed the first week so held off on any advertising. wanted to get the kitchen up to speed and everything running smoothly, hope you had a great experience!

3. Peggy says:

We also have reservations. What was your friend’s experience?

4. BinSB says:

We ate there Sunday evening and had a great experience. Loved the Restaurant Week menu.

5. Hefe says:

Ate there last night and the owner from the LA locations is on site. Excellent food and service. I think the menu is thin as they ramp up.