POKECEVICHE COMING TO PASEO NUEVO

While strolling through Paseo Nuevo recently I noticed a new sign that reads “Fresh Seafood – PokeCeviche Fresh Macros Coming Soon.” The sign was on a window in the space immediately to the left of Brookstone, and a peek inside reveals that the building is mostly empty. Poke and Ceviche seafood dishes originate from different geographical regions, and as such, draw on very different ingredients. Poke hails from Hawaii and has traditionally been largely influenced by Asian flavors and ingredients; ceviche has its roots in Latin America and is often accompanied by tangy citrus, fresh herbs, and pepper. Sounds like this business will be offering the best of both worlds.

12 Responses to POKECEVICHE COMING TO PASEO NUEVO

1. Gerald Bostock says:

I googled to try to figure out what the heck “fresh macros” are. My experience? A DOS batch command (is that the correct wording?)

Just google it. It’s faddish and silly, to me. Good food is good food, and I love raw fish.

2. CliffM says:

Re: Macros – Simply a dietary term, where you go beyond calorie counting to looking at the ratios of Macro-nutrients (Proteins, Carbs, Fats), and in what ratios within your calorie limits.
    Here’s more info: http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/macro-diet-counting-macros-weight-loss-better-nutrition

3. Steve says:

That sign has been there for a few months.

4. Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo says:

Yeah not quite as bad as “hyper local urban foraging” but still comical. The company has actually trademarked the term ” fresh macros.” Cashing in on fad diets. Hey as long as they put out some good poke and ceviche I’m going to have a good time.

There’s also a poke place going in in IV

5. spencer says:

1. Many restaurants refer to non-meat bowls centered around rice or quinoa with vegetables as “macro bowls”

2. The same company is also opening another spot at the Isla Vista Jersey Mike’s location.

• John Dickson says:

Jersey Mike’s has never been in Isla Vista. I think you mean Jimmy John’s old location, where I know a Poke restaurant is coming to.