This just in from Sly’s restaurant at 686 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria:
The bar at Sly’s is open from 12 pm to 5 pm, but we are closed on Thanksgiving for food service. Again this year, Sly’s is offering a complete traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, prepared at Sly’s, boxed and ready for carry-out. The ready-to-serve menu (portions for about 8 people) includes:
• Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (two quarts)
• A Certified Organic Range Grown Turkey, 14 to 16 pounds
Prepared the best way we know how: brined,
seasoned with fresh sage, thyme, & butter, and slow roasted to perfection.
• Traditional sage and onion stuffing made from our home-made bread
• Our mashed potatoes (two quarts)
• Our Turkey Giblet Gravy (two quarts)
• Homemade Cranberry Orange Relish (1 pint)
• fresh Blue Lake Green Beans with Shallots (1 quart)œ
• fresh Brussels Sprouts (1 quart)
• Our homemade Rye Raisin Rolls & Parker House Rolls
• 8 portions of our Warm Apple Crisp
We’re available to schedule the pickup time for the family dinner at any time between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. The dinner will be conveniently packaged and ready to take home to the waiting family.
The guest’s kitchen suffers a lot less wear and tear – and so does the cook! You get a high quality meal from Sly’s. If it’s a family tradition to make Great Aunt Martha’s Candied Yams, well, they’ll have a whole lot more time to do that; and much more time to relax and enjoy the holiday without slaving over a hot stove.
Sly’s full list of great Californian and French wines is available at a special discount of 25% off with the carry out Thanksgiving Dinner to go along with free advice from staff as to what goes best with your dinner. If someone would like to have a cocktail when you come to pick up the meal, well, the full bar will be at your service. Relax a little, we won’t say anything.
The complete dinner for eight is priced again at $295. plus tax
Please reserve ahead, as Sly’s can only produce a limited quantity of dinners.
686 Linden Avenue
Corner of Linden & 7th
Carpinteria, CA 93013