A new Mexican restaurant named Taqueria El Pastorcito has opened at 2009 De la Vina street, the former home of Los Gallos. I spoke with Noe Vargas, son of owner Pedro Vargas, who tells me that his family has a food background from Puebla, Mexico where the El Pastor taco (marinated pork) originated from. Noe’s father and grandfather are both chefs. The family has been running El Pastocito catering in Santa Barbara for over 5 years. All tortillas at the eatery are handmade from scratch and the Tacos el Pastor is their signature dish. Chicken, beef and vegetarian dishes are also available. Hours are 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday – Saturday. For more information call 895-2827 or visit facebook.com/TaquisasSB.
- Food for Thought
- Gelson’s Celebrating the Grand Reopening of Santa Barbara Store
- NoTown Tavern opens in Noleta
- The Crystal Ball Knows All
- Wingman Rodeo takes flight
- Cafe Stella reopens
- Starbucks coming to De la Vina
- South Coast Deli closes in Isla Vista
- Grand opening on De la Vina?
- Restaurant Closings