A new Mexican restaurant named Taqueria El Pastorcito has opened at 2009 De la Vina street, the former home of Los Gallos. I spoke with Noe Vargas, son of owner Pedro Vargas, who tells me that his family has a food background from Puebla, Mexico where the El Pastor taco (marinated pork) originated from. Noe’s father and grandfather are both chefs. The family has been running El Pastocito catering in Santa Barbara for over 5 years. All tortillas at the eatery are handmade from scratch and the Tacos el Pastor is their signature dish. Chicken, beef and vegetarian dishes are also available. Hours are 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday – Saturday. For more information call 895-2827 or visit facebook.com/TaquisasSB.
- Montecito misfortune
- Question of the Day
- Mangione’s Italian Ice opens downtown
- Paradise Store 2.0?
- Rare Society, a retro-inspired steakhouse, opening in June
- Shalhoob’s update
- Red Piano food phased out?
- Pascucci – Dine Out for Solstice
- Carpinteria considers restrictions on chain stores
- Downtown McDonald’s to close