This just in from James Sly of Sly’s restaurant at 686 Linden Ave in Carpinteria:
Some info on our Thanksgiving to-go at Sly’s
Again this year we are offering a complete traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, prepared at Sly’s and ready for you to carry-out.
The ready-to-serve menu (portions for about 8 people) includes:
• Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (two quarts)
• A Certified Organic Range Grown Turkey, 14 to 16 pounds
Prepared the best way we know how: brined,
seasoned with fresh sage and butter, and slow roasted to perfection.
• Traditional sage and onion stuffing
made from our home-made bread
• Our mashed potatoes (two quarts)
• Our Turkey Giblet Gravy (two quarts)
• Homemade Cranberry Orange Relish (1 pint)
• fresh Blue Lake Green Beans with Shallots (1 quart)
• fresh Brussels Sprouts (1 quart)
• Rye Raisin Rolls & homemade Parker House Rolls
• 8 portions of our Warm Apple Crisp
We’re available to schedule the pickup time for your family’s dinner at any time between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm. When you arrive at Sly’s, your dinner will be conveniently packaged and ready to take home to the waiting family.
Your kitchen suffers a lot less wear and tear – and so does the cook! You get a high quality meal from Sly’s. If it’s a family tradition to make Great Aunt Martha’s Candied Yam, well, you’ll have a whole lot more time to do that; and much more time to relax and enjoy the holiday without slaving over a hot stove.
Our full list of great Californian and French wines is available at a special discount of 25% off with your Thanksgiving Dinner to go along with free advice from our Manager Mandy, or Sommelier Craig as to what goes best with your dinner. If you’d like to have a cocktail when you come to pick up the meal, well, our full bar will be at your service.
Relax a little, we won’t say anything.
The complete dinner for eight is priced at $225. plus tax
Please reserve ahead, as we can only produce a limited quantity of dinners.