Ty Warner Sea Center
211 Stearns Wharf
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Open daily 10am-5pm; Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (3:00
p.m.), Christmas Day, New Years Day.
Adults $8, Seniors (65 and over) $7,
Teens 13-17 $7, Children 2-12 $5,
Children under 2 free
The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Ty
Warner Sea Center is a fun, engaging, interactive marine education
facility located on Stearns Wharf. Owned and operated by the Santa
Barbara Museum of Natural History, the Ty Warner Sea Center
fulfills the mission of the Museum to inspire a passion for the
- Opportunities to work like scientists,
sampling and testing ocean water, studying animal behavior, and
examining microscopic marine life
- Live tidepool animal encounters
- A theater showcasing the wonders of the Santa
- At the Ty Warner Sea Center, you will
discover the fun science and the wonders of the natural world.
- Enter the two-story glass foyer and greet a
39-foot, life-size model of a California Gray whale and her
- Crawl through a tunnel inside a 1,500 gallon
surge tank to see the life of the ocean. Observe sea stars,
urchins, limpets, and much more.
- Be an oceanographer for a day. Take ocean
samples and view sea life close up through video magnifiers.
Test your ocean samples to determine water quality.
- Learn about ongoing scientific research, get
an update on marine mammal sightings, and sing along with whales
Take the 101 to the Garden Street exit. Turn
ocean. Turn right
Cabrillo Blvd. Turn left at State Street on to Stearns Wharf.