TUPELO JUNCTION UPDATE

I called Tupelo Junction Cafe on Sunday and was told that they have sold their liquor license. I was also told that they would continue to be open for business as usual and will soon be serving beer and wine. On Tuesday readers told me that the restaurant was closed all day with no notice on the door explaining why. Today, Wednesday, all phone calls go to voice mail, so I assume they are closed again. I don’t know if this is temporary or permanent.

9 Responses to TUPELO JUNCTION UPDATE

1. Santa Barbara Scott says:

We were told two weeks ago by the wait staff that they had forgot to renew their liquor license. When you go for the bloody Marys with the crab leg, this is very disappointing news.

2. Tony mastres says:

Restaurant is closed again today. Big indicator is that the sign is gone and the window are blank. No hours no notices no nothing. This place is, unfortunately, finished

3. Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo says:

They are done. Closed for good. Sorry to everyone who was misled especially the employees.

4. Cris says:

I can’t believe they couldn’t find a buyer for the restaurant. Even off of State Street, there’s no reason this concept couldn’t be successful.

5. christine! says:

I am sorry to hear this- sad way to end what seemed like well loved establishment

6. Steve says:

Wow we were shocked to find Tupelo apparently closed for good this morning when we walked down for breakfast. I guess in retrospect it was rarely packed.

7. James says:

Best breakfast place, WTF happen

8. Jon Campbell says:

It was planned they are opening up tomorrow in Newport Beach!!

9. Sara Allen says:

I found it closed when I went by for lunch yesterday. Brown paper on the windows is never a good sign. I heard about the liquor license. I went for the food; although I did like their Boody Mary.
    This was a unique concept in town and will be greatly missed. We don’t need the vacancy.
    I wish someone in Real Estate in this town would get a handle on this matter & on the other vacancies. Pacifica Real Estate Group, perhaps? Owner is a long term resident and successful
    Businessman with solid ties to the community.
    Does anyone know if Tupelo Junction would be open to re-opening without liquor?
    DeAngelos and others do very well without it. If not, I will truly miss their biscuits & gravy and
    BLT with perfect bacon and fried green tomato. Not to mention the carrot soup and other delicious items I’ve saved the menu. Let us know their plans if you can find out.
    Thank you.