SB MENUS CELEBRATES 9 YEARS

This just in from SB Menus:

SBmenus.com has been proud to serve up delicious food from hundreds of restaurants across Santa Barbara over the past 9 years, and we couldn’t be happier to celebrate our 9th birthday in this beautiful city. Thank you, Santa Barbara, for 9 wonderful years! It’s been a slice, and we look forward to continuing serving you up more food specials, awesome choices, and killer restaurant partnerships for an even better delivery & takeout experience! Because the best type of takeout is the kind that doesn’t make you leave your couch.

Key metrics –

– Delivery coverage from Carpinteria to Goleta from 8am to 11pm (or later) daily.
– Order delivery or take-out from over 140 restaurants between Carpinteria and Goleta
– Facilitated over 1,000,000 online orders for our local restaurant partners since 2008

10 Responses to SB MENUS CELEBRATES 9 YEARS

1. Rex Of SB says:

I kind of question the 1 million orders figure. SBMenus has been in business for nine years—3,285 days. One million orders in that time period would be 304.4 orders per day, or 20.29 orders per hour for every single one of the 15 hours they are open every single day of the year. I dunno, that just seems a little high…

• Christine says:

Fascinating, Rex! Your math does show an astounding level of service. I wonder if “facilitated” has anything to do with it – I don’t use this service, but could SB Menus also be a portal for a customer to pass through to order online directly with the restaurant?

2. Jonathan says:

Probably people looking at menus. Not ordering.

3. P.W. says:

SB menus was bought by Groupon about 2 years ago, so their online reach is much bigger than it used to be.

• Rex Of SB says:

Even so, I doubt there is any way in the world that there were a million local online orders in just nine years.

FWIW, some 20 or so years ago, Bray’s 101 Restaurant in Goleta made a similar claim about selling a million hamburgers in a certain time period. I can’t remember the actual numbers, but it was easy enough to calculate that in order to sell a million burgers in that particular time frame, they would have had to have sold something like 412 hamburgers an hour, 24 hours a day, which would have amounted to 6.86 hamburgers every single minute, nonstop, even including the time the restaurant was closed.

I think a lot of people don’t realize quite how much a million is.

• Jim says:

I remember when Mickey D’s had a sign saying 5 million sold, but I’m so old I don’t remember when that was or when they quit counting.

• Whirl says:

Others have trouble with time passing, 20 years ago that would have been The Good Earth, probably have to go back more than 30 years to get to Bray’s. But I’m willing to pretend I don’t remember back that far if you are.

• Rex Of SB says:

Dear God, you’re right! As further proof that I’ve entered the springtime of my senility, I can remember before Bray’s was even in Goleta. Prior to the advent of the Crosstown Freeway, Bray’s was along Highway 101 near where the DMV is at Castillo & Cota.

• Whirl says:

Rex, thank you for making me feel younger, I don’t remember back that far. I only remember it on Calle Real and the clam chowder was so thick you could stand your spoon up in it. I was a kid back then. The change from dark Bray’s to bright Good Earth was astounding, there were actual trees in there under the skylights. (sorry for the seafood reference) W.