FLIGHTLINE TO REPLACE HIGH SIERRA GRILL

This just in from Warren Butler, partner at High Sierra Grill, 521 Firestone Road in Goleta:

Hello John,

Just wanted to give you an update on my progress on the High Sierra Grill & Bar. As you noted in January, I joined The High Sierra as The Managing Partner. After 8 months of successfully improving the overall operations of the restaurant, I have been given the option of  purchasing the restaurant and I plan on changing the concept to an aviation-theme restaurant & bar. I am looking to name the restaurant “The FlightLine Restaurant & Bar.” In addition to having great food, beverages, and service the restaurant would showcase the history of The Santa Barbara Airport.  I am now gathering with folks that will help make that vision a reality. Anyone with any SB Airport pictures or relics from the past may contact me at warrendbutler@gmail.com.

Warren Butler

12 Responses to FLIGHTLINE TO REPLACE HIGH SIERRA GRILL

1. Gerald Bostock says:

Didn’t take long. I have good, old memories of E-Bar.

I do love the decor idea! Brings me back to childhood at SBA and young adulthood with private pilots.

G’luck. I know there’s anti-Butler sentiment, I’ve been there, but I don’t know enough about the operation and its effects.

2. Gerald Bostock says:

There was one of the best kisses of my life in front of the E-Bar about ’85… 🙂

3. joe says:

Turn it in to a brewery-restaurant. The place is large and needs more then just an restaurant.

• AJ says:

Do yourself a favor and upgrade the menu- Goleta has enough ‘basic’ American food restaurants. I never even bothered trying High Sierra as the reviews and word of mouth turned me off. Hoping you find success!

4. Rex Of SB says:

I still say it’s the perfect location for a country & western barbecue place, complete with live entertainment and line dancing. On the plus side, at least it didn’t become another of the myriad local “events centers” that effectively shut down popular restaurants.

• Chaz says:

a la the old ‘Texas Chili Factory’ near the Dutch Garden.

Memories of tasty tri-tip while Chuck Wagon and the Wheels belted out some bawdy tunes!

Then, nothing quite like a lubed-up crowd singing along while doing the Texas Two-step at 1 am! LOL!

• Foodie Dan says:

How about a bbq/with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sports on TV, cocktails . Like the old Codys but with a bbq and dancing!

5. Sean Montgomery says:

Warren, my uncle, John Switzer, was a huge part of the SB airport flight school for many years. He might be a valuable resource to the history of the airport. He lives in town still. Just an FYI

6. Cora says:

Is High Sierra still open or did they close? And any word on when the new Flightline will open?

• John Dickson says:

I believe they are still open. I don’t know when the transition will occur

• Warren says:

Yes, High Sierra is still open.
        I will keep you updated on the transition. Nothing official yet. Still working on securing the investors and then getting the appropriate approvals from the city. I hope for a smooth transition with minimal down time.