DINNER RETURNING TO CODY’S

In early June I wrote that Cody’s Cafe at 4898 Hollister Avenue in Goleta has stopped serving dinner. Reader Gillian tells me that Cody’s is now planning to bring back dinner. I called Cody’s and was told that dinner will return in a couple of weeks.

12 Responses to DINNER RETURNING TO CODY’S

1. Foodie Dan says:

I assume with beer and wine only?

2. Rex Of SB says:

Cody’s was one of the very few local “family” restaurants with a liquor license. You don’t have to be an alkie to enjoy a drink with dinner. Let’s hope the Mesa Cafe never goes down this road.

• Chaz says:

They must have run a cost/benefit analysis of the price received for the sale of the liquor license versus the profitability of hard liquor sales, else why sell the license?

Was beer/wine the primary consumption at dinner? Was there concern over potential liability if serving ‘one-too-many’ hard liquor drinks to possibly tipsy patrons?

Interesting.

• Gerald Bostock says:

I thought about it too; maybe they needed a cash infusion.
        Best to their continuing popularity. Sounds like they’ll do well on wine & beer sales.

• Milo says:

Type 47 licenses are going for about $200k these days. Beer and wine licenses about $5k. And if your alcohol sales are 80% beer and wine, sounds like a good business decision

3. Foodie Dan says:

Ugh! so sad… If they sold the license, they must have needed cash . A “limited” license is for beer and wine only. This is a disservice to the areas history and community . My family and friends have met for breakfast omelets and bloodys ‘ for decades! We took “grandpa” to have steak and a martini before San Marcos plays. We are a small glimpse into your market. Personally, I am flabbergasted at why you would cancel dinner, without any explanation to your customer base. Then ,sell your liquor license . Tell me why your customers should try your restaurant again?

4. Foodie Dan says:

Wait..I may have ranted without all the info. Mea Culpa.

5. DT says:

Codys dinner is back, but it is unfortunately not the same. Familer servers are gone, single page menu, beer and wine only. Food was very bland. I really hope it gets better.