BIG EYE RAW BAR OPENS

Last month I wrote that I’a Fish Market and Café in the Santa Barbara Public Market at 38 West Victoria Street had closed and will be replaced by Big Eye Raw Bar. Reader Mary tells me that Big Eye Raw Bar is now open. They serve poke bowls and other raw items, including oysters, shellfish and sashimi, as well as wine and beer.

14 Responses to BIG EYE RAW BAR OPENS

1. Laurie says:

Let’s hope that the oyster pricing signs are less deceptive that when it was I’a, though I suspect it is yet another name change and nothing more.

• Dudley Michael says:

Hello Laurie, I’m not sure about past pricing issues as it was not our restaurant . We are a new owners and have nothing to do with old operators of any kind. We are serving 2 kinds of oysters today, they are one price and it is listed on our menu. We hope you come back in and give it a try, everything about it has completely changed. Thanks for your interest,
      Dudley michael

• Sam says:

It’s not just another name change. It’s an entirely different restaurant run by completely different people. Absolutely no affiliation to I’a. And the food is better.

2. DJG says:

Actually all new owners and chefs!

3. Gerald Bostock says:

What kind of oysters; where are they from? (I prefer small cold water Pacifics)
    No online presence I can find. I look forward to enjoying this seafood bar.

4. Brendan says:

Is it only raw items?

5. Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo says:

Another place already open that can’t post a sample menu at the very least in 2017? So odd and frustrating for potential customers. With all the social media platforms and relatively easy website development nowadays not putting something out there somewhere for the curious just seems like shooting yourself in the foot. For most of SB locals the Public Market sucks, luring people in with at least a sample menu or some delicious looking pictures could go a long way as plenty of people here are hungry for delicious food!

• Steve says:

They told me that so far they’ve only had a soft opening. When they have their grand opening, they’ll have a website and will then take phone orders.

• What’s up Joey Jojo, we now have everything online for your enjoyment. I do not put up menus in the first 30days of a new concept because of item and pricing changes. These first run menus stay online forever as is the problem with the web, and inevitably ppl bring them in and wonder why they are missing items and priced incorrectly. That is why sample menus don’t go out early on in concept development. Come check it out, the food is amazing.

• Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo says:

I guess same goes for internet blowhard’s complaints that live on forever ;). Haven’t been in yet, but as a lover of raw fish I’m looking forward to it.

6. Gerald Bostock says:

They’re on Yelp & FB now. Chef Rosner does have quite the resume.