QUESTION OF THE DAY

“When will our local Habits start serving the Golden Chicken Sandwich?! (Fresh, filleted chicken breast, hand-breaded with house-made seasoned flour and buttermilk, cooked to a juicy golden brown and topped with creamy, spiced red pepper sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles) It is available at every Habit in the country except for the ones in Santa Barbara/Goleta. Sad!”

6 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY

1. Pete says:

I dunno, but I think the chili cheese fries (or burger) that’s only available in Goleta is a fair trade!

• El Guapo says:

This! The chili at the OG Habit is the best, I love sending my friends & Habit lovers in other cities pictures of my chili cheese dog or chili fries, kills them that they can’t have it.

The local Habit’s are the only ones owned by the Reichard’s, they’re not part of the national chain, so they won’t serve that chicken unless they want to. The regular chicken sandwich is good already.

2. Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo says:

Local Habits also don’t serve tri-tip or portabella burgers which are otherwise nationwide, but they do serve turkey burgers. SB/Goleta are non corporate Habits.

3. Joe M says:

The Golden Chicken Sandwich is one of the best fried chicken sandwiches in the country. It is worth the drive to Ventura. Bad move on the Habit brothers for not adding this one to thier stores. I know frying battered chicken in the fryers can screw up the oil for the french fries but it would still be worth having on the menu. Dear Mr. Reichard please admit defeat and add the Golden Chicken Sandwich to your SB stores.

4. Hugh says:

It’s the absence of their grilled pastrami sandwich that I lament. I can get a crispy chicken sandwich almost anywhere but pastrami with some fat, grilled with onions, served with pickles…man o’ man, hard to find, even harder now.

5. mikeyr says:

Only thing I want the Habit’s to serve is their Pastrami, it was the best in town and yes I have been to Norton’s and Pickles & Swiss. Right now the only decent Pastrami is at Tinker’s in Summerland.
    But have you noticed that the to go bags at Habit still have Pastrami listed on them ? I was a weekly regular at Habit since they are so close to my work, only been twice in the last year.