BUTLER JOINS HIGH SIERRA

This just in from Warren Butler, owner of Butler Event Centers:

“Hi John,

The High Sierra Grill at 521 Firestone Road in Goleta is under new management. I have taken over as of January 1st as the Managing Partner. This is a great opportunity to utilize my vast experience in the hospitality industry which will be put to good use in enhancing not only the restaurant side of the business but also the entertainment and special events capabilities.

We have already made improvements to the menu, Happy Hour and live music programs. Come on down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or our noon to 6:30 p.m. Happy Hour. Don’t forget about our Sunday all-you-can-eat brunch. We have instituted a new fast track lunch menu for those on a time limit. Enjoy live entertainment on Friday night, Saturday night, and  Sunday day with Tri Tip sandwich specials.

If your readers mention The Restaurant Guy and they will get 20% off their food bill now through the month of March! I guarantee everyone will have a great experience.

– Warren Butler”

10 Responses to BUTLER JOINS HIGH SIERRA

1. J. says:

I took my family there a couple weeks ago and saw zero improvements. In fact, the service was worse.

2. Rex Of SB says:

I’ve been enjoying High Sierra off and on since it opened, but noticed a terrible decline in the food last week when I dropped by for lunch. I didn’t realize it has new owners. That said, I hope that Butler doesn’t intend on turning High Sierra into yet another of his “events centers” that will negate its use as a restaurant, à la the former Sizzler and others that are now shuttered to the general public.

• Bernie says:

The former Sizzler (now Butler Event Center) has a really fun country night on Wednesdays with DJ Jeff Rock & lots of dancing!

• Warren says:

Hello Rex of SB,

We have no intentions on turning The High Sierra Grill in to an event center even though it does have some great banquet facilities. The goal is to have it be one of the best restaurants in the area. We hope to earn the community’s support and patronage and plan on being here a long time. Glad to see you have been a guest on and off since it opened and hope you continue to enjoy the great food and service. if will fail to deliver please ask for me and I will fix or make it up to you.
      as far as the other event centers – these are restaurants that have been shuttered long before I got involved and i have tried to make good use of the empty, deserted spaces for use by the local community to gather for Sunday church, Wednesday country western night, Thursday Night salsa, Quinceaneras, Baptisms, Weddings etc.

Warm Regards,
      Warren B

3. Art says:

VT very interesting, I had no idea Mr. Butler was involved with the El Celito Restaurant. He does seem to very successful wth the ‘event centers that he runs in Montecito and Goleta. I guess you must not be into country music. It is extremely popular.

4. Bob says:

Let’s hope it doesn’t become another “Stateside” fiasco.

5. Sue says:

The last two times I have eaten at High Sierra, I noticed a definite improvement in service and quality of the food, before I even knew that there was new management. Now I know why. The new Happy Hour menu is great, especially the Salmon Bites. Looking forward to going back.

6. Gerald Bostock says:

Article on Noozhawk: “Owners Mario Medina, Manuel Perales and Paul Ybarra brought Butler on board in January to revitalize the establishment, which opened in the spot of the former Elephant Bar at the Santa Barbara Airport.” Lots more in the article.

Good luck to them. I worked in Goleta for years, Elephant Bar & Spike’s Place are warm memories. Social, not food memories! I hope they improve the place, it’s a good location with a big audience and they have resources they should explore. They are, per this step.