- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: December 2016
John: In looking at your chart of openings and closings of restaurants and approximating the number each during 2007-16, it looks like there are now 72 more restaurants here than in 2006. I counted roughly 459 openings and 387 closings. … Continue reading
A reader let me know that there is an advertisement on Craigslist (santa barbara > gigs > event gigs) that begins with: “I am looking for hard working individuals that would like to work at my company. I am opening … Continue reading
For New Years Eve at both Pascucci locations (729 State St and 6920 Marketplace Dr, Goleta) they will be serving the regular menu (all menu items $16 and under) in addition to 5 New Years specials (priced between $22-$25) and … Continue reading
My foodie duties for the year wouldn’t be complete without summarizing activity at food & drink destinations on the South Coast. In 2016 there were 54 openings and 39 closings across the South Coast. The most openings were in February … Continue reading
The Four Seasons Resort, also known as The Biltmore Santa Barbara, at 1260 Channel Drive, announced its recent appointment of Chef Marco Fossati. Originally from Genoa, Italy, Chef Marco has more than 28 years of experience cooking in kitchens around … Continue reading
Following his recent appointment, Executive Chef Marco Fossati has introduced an all new Mussel menu at Ty Lounge on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3-10 p.m. Ty Lounge is located in the Four Seasons Biltmore, 1260 Channel Drive in Montecito. The … Continue reading
Here is an extended version of the story about Blaze Pizza opening on State Street. The previous story was done in a hurry to get the news about their free pizza out there. This extended version is what I put … Continue reading
S.Y. Kitchen at 1110 Faraday Street in Santa Ynez is presenting a Christmas Eve Dinner Saturday, December 24th and New Year’s Eve Dinner, Saturday, December 31st. Chef Luca Crestanelli is offering the dinners in addition to his regular dinner menu. Start the … Continue reading
This is the final year Accidental Santa will be taking calls. 10 years ago this Christmas, children all across the U.S. started dialing my then-new business phone number (800-726-8222) by mistake, because it happens to be one digit off from … Continue reading
Reader Primetime says that Blaze Pizza has opened at 3925 State Street, in the former home of Carl’s Jr. at the Five Points Shopping Center. This is the second South Coast location for Blaze which opened at 6546 Pardall Road … Continue reading
Word on the street is that Yume Sushi at 428 Chapala Street is planning to open a second location in Carpinteria.
Reader Annie says the for-lease sign is down at 1201 Anacapa Street: Anyone heard anything about the Coffee Cat space? The For Lease sign is down and the windows are papered over.
This just in from Kalyra by the Sea, 212 State Street: It has been our mission at Kalyra to provide great wine and fun family experiences at affordable prices for everyone. We’ve been through the crazy Hollywood times with the … Continue reading
Helena Avenue Bakery at 131 Anacapa Street has announced a takeout menu of signature breads, side dishes and desserts for the Hanukkah and Christmas season so that hosts can spend more time with friends and family, and less in the … Continue reading
Kanaloa Seafood Market & Kitchen at 715 Chapala Street is kicking off Happy Hour, from 3 pm – 6:30 pm, every Monday through Thursday. With the recent opening of their kitchen in downtown Santa Barbara, the sustainable seafood purveyor has … Continue reading
The Restaurant Gal and I enjoyed dinner recently at Little Kitchen, 17 West Ortega Street, the former home of Nardonnes La Famiglia Pizzeria. We ordered the Roasted Beet Salad (organic mixed greens, goat cheese, pistachios, dried figs, orange balsamic vinaigrett), … Continue reading
Ralphs market at 2840 De la Vina Street closed its doors for good last month, at which time reader Gerald revealed that Grocery Outlet will be replacing it. Reader Steve H has sent me information that suggests Grocery Outlet will … Continue reading
Somerset restaurant opens Friday December 16th at 7 East Anapamu Street (the former home of Arts & Letters Café) after 2 years and several million dollars of renovation, transforming it into a “world-class venue.” It is designed by celebrity designer … Continue reading
Los Agaves is now taking special orders for their holiday tamales, a once-a-year occasion, just in time to serve at holiday celebrations. This year, Los Agaves is offering traditional favorites of chicken, pork, and rajas plus a sweet variety of … Continue reading
Reader Primetime tells me that Mesa Burger at 315 Meigs Road reopened today after a 1 week pause following their opening last Monday. Menu photos provided by reader Primetime
Reader Peter tells me that Mesa Burger is now open for lunch and dinner at 315 Meigs Road, replacing Mexican Fresh Taqueria. Spearheaded by Chris Chiarappa and led by Iron Chef Cat Cora, the fast-casual concept sets itself apart with “a … Continue reading
The Hungry Cat restaurant at 1134 Chapala Street, which opened in April 2007, plans to close after Christmas. Reader Wade was walking by the business recently and noticed a liquor license change of ownership sign suggesting that the next tenant … Continue reading
Globe restaurant, which opened at 18 East Cota Street in July 2015, changed their name to 18 East and will now be hosting local pop-up chefs, creating their own special menus. Your first dining opportunity will be December 15-17 when … Continue reading
Somerset restaurant at 7 East Anapamu Street (the former home of Arts & Letters Café), offering California seasonal cuisine with Mediterranean and French influences, has moved their opening to December 14. The property has been extensively remodeled and the original … Continue reading
Here is an official press release on behalf of Bluewater Grill coming to 15 East Cabrillo Boulevard, the former home of Rusty’s Pizza at the lighthouse: BLUEWATER GRILL COMING TO SANTA BARBARA http://www.bluewatergrill.com/2016/03/29/coming-to-santa-barbara.php We’re ecstatic to be adding another location … Continue reading
Reader Jason was in Summerland this week and noticed something new: Red Kettle Coffee has opened at 2275 Ortega Hill Road #A. Red Kettle Coffee was 10 months in the making and is brought to you by owner Megan Tingstrom, … Continue reading