PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY

Reader Cris gave me the heads-up that pizza parlor Pieology of Goleta is getting close to opening so I stopped by the restaurant and confirmed the news. Hollister Village Plaza’s newest tenant is scheduled top open Saturday, August 27th at 7000 Hollister Avenue in Goleta. This franchised location is run by Cotti Foods that operates locations in Hawaii and around California. “The brand is about inspiration and customization where a guest can come in and tell us exactly how they want their pizza,” says Shane Gray, VP of Marketing for Cotti Foods. “You want more mushrooms? No problem. Even more mushrooms? No problem! Making it the way you want it is what makes it special.”

Pieology, which has more than 100 locations across the U.S., offers more than 30 different topping choices at a fixed price which results in hundreds of pizza combinations that can be custom-made for each customer. Menu options include sauces such as herb butter, red sauce or olive oil as well as a variety of cheese choices including mozzarella, parmesan or gorgonzola. Toppings include a range for meats such as chicken, sausage or meatball to a variety of vegetables or unique items like jalapeno or pineapple. Pieology also offers “after bakes” that can be added after the pizza such as roasted red peppers, dollops of red sauce or pesto. Gluten-free crust is also available.

Pieology joins Smart & Final Extra!, Zizzo’s at the plaza and future tenants include Dickey’s BBQ, Pickles & Swiss, Poke Me and Kyle’s Kitchen.

Hours are 11 a.m.- 9:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday. Visit pieology.com

160825-pieology-outdoors - Copy
160825-pieology-indoors - Copy

14 Responses to PIEOLOGY OPENS SATURDAY

1. Rex Of SB says:

Wow, another pizza joint. Just what we need. I guess.

2. Christine says:

Cotti Foods – owns Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and Pieology.

• John Dickson says:

Cotti Foods is a franchiser of those restaurants but doesn’t own the brand. Yum Brands owns Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut. Wendy’s International owns Wendy’s.

• Christine says:

What’s the difference if it’s “owner” or “franchiser”???? It’s still a mega-corp attached to multiple chains.

• Tony from Goleta says:

Why not just go check it out and see if they are serving up good quality food for good value? Local people own franchises and 50’s style mom and pop operations can’t afford to operate out of a brand new strip mall in one of the most expensive areas in the US.

• Gerald Bostock says:

Thanks, I agree.

• Christine says:

If Cotti is the franchiser it’s not “local people.” As John explains, Yum Brands is the owner and Cotti is the franchiser. Neither of which is a local person or family. You all missed my point, I’ll say it again, “So grateful for our SB/Goleta home-grown joints at this intersection. Keeps us ever so slightly away from really becoming Irvine North. But just barely…”

To Tony specifically: you’re wrong. This shopping center includes Pickles & Swiss, Kyle’s Kitchen, Zizzo’s, R&R furniture.

• David says:

Yeah what’s the difference John? Please don’t confuse us with things like “facts” and “information”!

3. John says:

Sigh – i passed one of these in fresno once – and though couldn’t stop i held the dream that this was a chain that sold all kinds of pies.

Sadly my hopes are dashed

4. El Guapo says:

The family and I checked it out on Saturday, nicely decorated and built out space, eager and friendly staff, I hope that doesn’t fall off after they’ve been open a while. Great selection of toppings. My only criticism is the sauce on the pizza, kinda bland in my opinion, a little Italian seasoning, some oregano, pepper, would go a long way. Another solid option for the family next time we find ourselves hungry in Goleta. Of the pizza joints like this in town, I think Pizza Rev is better, but they’re essentially the same thing. Pieology does have wheat crust though, so that’s something Pizza Rev doesn’t offer.

5. Andy says:

Already been three times, loved it every single time. I’ve liked Blaze but it’s location has kept me from going. Same with similar concepts downtown. Having this out here is a nice change.