CAFE DEL SOL UPDATE

I spoke with Cafe Del Sol at 30 Los Patos Way in Montecito and was told that their liquor license has been suspended. I was not given a time frame for when alcohol sales will resume. Tasty food continues to be served as usual!

10 Responses to CAFE DEL SOL UPDATE

1. Debra says:

We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at the Cafe del Sol last night. Not only do they serve excellent food, the service is great, happy fun and efficient staff! The Lamb Shanks are awesome!! A Santa Barbara tradition keeps on, I hope they start serving their great Cadillac Margs soon!

2. Susan Miles Gulbransen says:

Are they accepting BYOB?

3. Barbara Echols says:

We went Saturday night (August 23rd) and as always, the food is great! My poached salmon was perfectly prepared and instead of a starchy side dish, they did sauteed spinach for me. The entire staff is so welcoming and pleasant that we didn’t miss our usual cocktails at all. You can get a drink anywhere, but you can only get food this good at Cafe Del Sol.

4. peter says:

Their Facebook page says:

“Unfortunately Jack Sears is the cause of the liquor license situation. This matter has nothing to do with the new management!”

I wonder what the story is. The ABC website seems to say that the license is suspended for a year?

5. Spank says:

I can say for a fact that there are shenanigans involved and it’s a bunch of bunk that Jack is being blamed for it.

6. Sandy says:

Or could it just be that the sold alcohol to a minor and are doing their “time” for a violation?

7. geraldbostock says:

That call-out is so tacky to me, the general public. I’ve never even eaten there. Wonder if I ever will.

8. fred says:

i hear they are closing up by monday or sooner for sure

9. fred says:

they closed down tonite sad it was a nice place