HABIT RANKED #1

Reader Primetime let me know that Consumer Reports has ranked Santa Barbara-based Habit Burger Grill as the #1 burger in the nation. National news outlets like Business Insider have picked up the story about how “an obscure burger chain was just named the best in America.”

habit

13 Responses to HABIT RANKED #1

Neat, I wonder what the criteria are, profitability taste etc?

2. . says:

i’ve always thought so. but……….they are not all the same.
    just having tried down to oxnard, i feel goleta and downtown are the best locally

• Glenn says:

I would say irony if the home of the Habit puts it only as a runner up on this sites best of poll… For me In N Out and Habit have been more or less a tie/similar burger. I have yet to get down to try Eureka Burger but I guess people like it better than the Habit.

• Ed Adams says:

I would pick in-and-out because they come closest to a fresh homemade burger but the chili burger at the Goleta location of the habit is the best. Unfortunately that is the only site that still does them. I’ve had most of the others (travel a lot) and not too impressed.

One weird thing on the sandwich and subs is they didn’t include the earl of sandwich which by far is the best deli style chain I’ve eaten at. Only two so far in CA, Disney walk and an Indian casino in San Diego area.

A bit off the subject is how many Sonic ads they have on local tv yet there less than 10 in the state.

3. VT says:

A very subjective poll obviously. I think Burger Kings Whopper is much better.

Speaking if Burritos why isn’t Taqueria el Bajio on this web-site Jon? http://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-el-bajio-santa-barbara

The sandwich section seems weak(Portillos Hot Dogs? who are they?). If only South Coast or Three Pickles would expand too they might top that section. The other sections seem correct though for national chains.

• Charlotte says:

Portillos is a legendary Italian style “loose meat” sandwich with onions and peppers au jus. They make their own buns etc. They have been around for atleast 50 years in the Chicago area. They Fed Ex their sandwiches all over the world. Fantastic!

5. Charlotte says:

I’m surprised Umami Burger and Fat Burger didn’t make the cut.

6. Chuck says:

I think Fuddruckers is the best, but locally I agree that the (especially Goleta) burger is among the best. That said, I have tried In-n’-Out several times now and have been completely underwhelmed – even after ordering the maximum burger they have…

Outback, Paradise, Burger King, Jack-In-the-Box, and for me, even McDonald’s (double quarter pounder) are better I simply haven’t had the experience others seem to have had with In-n’-Out..

(I would mention Yanni’s Tri Tip at Mackensie Market, but that is another thread….:)

7. Chuck says:

I went out to the Habit in Goleta, and it was every bit as good as I remembered it…
    (the Double Char with bacon and avocado….)