More than 2 years ago I wrote that an eatery named Sublime is coming to 901 N. Milpas Street, also known as “The Building With The Cow.” Reader Karl tells me he recently saw construction crews at work inside.

11 Responses to SUBLIME UPDATE

Is the cow still there? Industrial Eats in Buellton has a cow out in front and I have been wondering if its from that.

2. Rex Of SB says:

Yep, the Milpas cow is still there. I saw an identical one near a restaurant in Tennessee a few years ago, so I’m guessing they were mass-produced? The one on Milpas has been there as long as I can remember and I’m older than dirt.

3. Chaz says:

Hope the location isn’t jinxed. Restaurants don’t seem to last there.

4. NC says:

“Coming Soon” sign that’s been up for the last year was just taken down and it looks like there’s lots of restaurant set-up action inside and on their patio–anyone know anything else about this place?

5. Bob says:

Looks like they were serving food this evening to the opening season Bowl crowd. Coming soon may actually have happened.

6. Jewellis Bolden says:

The new Sublime is amazing. I sat on the patio last night and had the best chicken picatta ever. The service was excellent. ooh and you must must get a slice of white fudge cheesecake. Hope this place stays open for a very long time.

7. Milpas Neighbor says:

Sublime IS open for business. We took our out town friends there last night for dinner thinking “sure – let’s give it a try”. Well, a try is all is was unfortunately. Honestly, I was hoping that it would have knocked my socks off but alas, no. The food is way overpriced for it’s quality and taste. They really pushed the “organic” on the menu – I mean, almost everything is organic which is great BUT – being organic doesn’t mean “without flavor”. Being that Sublime is two blocks away and Los Agaves is two blocks away? I’ll walk to Los Agaves next time and see how long this place lasts before I’ll go to Sublime again. The fiery touches outside are nice but merely an attraction to the drive by crowd or neighbors who would like another decent restaurant in our neighborhood. Very disappointing. I would have expected more for the amount of time they took to launch an opening.

8. Lee Ann says:

Pretty average food if you ask me, especially for the OUTRAGEOUS PRICE!! Service seemed a bit dicey. He was nice, but kind of dumb.