iGRILL CLOSES

In late April I reported that iGrill Korean BBQ at 3132 State Street was closed and that I had been informed by management that the eatery would reopen in two weeks. Readers Michelle, Matt and Brendan let me know that the restaurant never reopened and that a “for sale” sign is now on the front window.

igrill

Photo by reader Michelle

9 Responses to iGRILL CLOSES

1. SL says:

No real loss here. The place was a total joke for Korean food and an embarrassment to the cuisine in general. I was so excited to have a Korean style BBQ shop open locally and wow was it a let down. From the pitiful offerings of banchan to the stingy servings of low quality proteins the place was a terrible value and severely lacking in quality. Place was bummer city

• Christine says:

My thoughts exactly. One server was so happy, outgoing, friendly and the other was his polar opposite. Actually dropped plates down on our table with a crash. But then the friendly guy would come back and the mood would be fun – and then grumpy guy back again. Weird vibe.

2. Spencer says:

can anything stay alive in that spot? I know Brummis was there for a few years, but otherwise that strip seems like a dead zone. Hope Tap Thai stays busy there now.

3. Kathryn McKee says:

went there once and it was a total joke – service was abysmal, hibachi’s were awful due to city requirements allegedly – food not the real deal in any way.

4. Frank says:

Brummi’s was next door to iGrill. They did very well, as far as I could tell. Tap Thai is jam-packed, having taken over Brummi’s location. Prior to Brummi’s it was Jade, which was not as successful as its predecessor, Aja, which was very successful. So I would say there have been several hits and a few misses.

5. JJ says:

It would be nice if some good Korean could come to town and stay awhile. We need some serious cuisine diversity in town.

I guess we’re still left with the only option being bindaetteok and so forth from the fridge at Choi’s Market at Patterson/Hollister.

6. goodland says:

Amen to a need for some serious cuisine diversity!

7. William says:

An American Ale type spot would do great in that area. Something with good beers (not the blah list at Uptown) and some good burgers. Place would be packed.

8. JH says:

Yes, iGrill was a huge disappointment. I love Korean food, live in the neighborhood and would have been a regular, but after giving them a couple chances, stopped going. The location is not the problem. Many people live in the area who like to dine out if the quality and service is there. Flavor of India and Los Agaves both do very well. Tap Thai has been packed but, to me has also underwhelmed and if they don’t provide better food and bigger portions, they will flame out. I like the American Ale call but would also love to see a good Middle Eastern place or even a quality Cali cusine place like State & Fig or Jane. Bottom Line: PLEASE someone who can provide good food and good service, step up. You will make a killing.