FULL OF LIFE FLATBREAD UPDATE

I called Full of Life Flatbread in Los Alamos and learned that they are no longer planning to open at the new Santa Barbara Public Market on Victoria Street. I was told that the baker is continuing to look for another location on the South Coast.

7 Responses to FULL OF LIFE FLATBREAD UPDATE

1. Elkay says:

Full of Life Flatbread is in Los Alamos in the Santa Ynez Valley. See their website for the latest menu and specials. http://fulloflifefoods.com

2. Peter says:

Just a guess, but as I understand it the rents and/or lease costs are on the (very) high side.

Sorry to hear that Full Of Life Flatbread will not be occupying the space…

3. Bob says:

Very smart decision on their part, I’m incredibly pessimistic about the Public Market’s chances of survival. Yeah, most definitely worth the drive to Los Alamos, but it’d be nice to have one closer!

4. Rex Of SB says:

I’m surprised it took this long for prospective businesses to opt out of the sky-high-priced Public Market. The day I went there, merchants and restaurauteurs seemed to outnumber the customers by five to one. I understand there are only 47 underground parking spaces, but the time I went–about 12 noon on a weekday–there was plenty of parking available.

5. SL says:

Very interesting. Full of Life is putting out some of the best if not the best food in SB County it would have been nice to have them even closer but suspect this is a smart business decision. I bet they would have done a brisk business, but with the insane rents that still doesn’t mean you can survive and profit. Clark uses top notch ingredients and offers them at very reasonable prices, not sure if that could have penciled out at the Public Market location.

The Market is actually pretty great despite the insane prices on many items but I just have trouble seeing the place thrive. After the initial craziness when it first opened it seems pretty dead already, every time I have been in it has been no problem getting parking or waiting in line. They offer some unique products and cuts of meats for example will be a shame to see the options go away eventually. SB just doesn’t have the type of population to support this sort of thing unfortunately.

6. S says:

Bummer! They should take over the old Holdrens in Goleta, that would be a GREAT locale for them! Especially for work week lunches.