- JP on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- BStout on SOMERSET RESTAURANT OPENING DOWNTOWN
- Peter on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Rex Of SB on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Foodie Dan on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Tlachiquero on MESA BURGER OPENS (UPDATED)
- Gary on BLUEWATER GRILL UPDATE
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: June 2014
After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future: 7-Eleven, 1936 State St. Barbareño, 205 W. Canon Perdido St. (formerly D’Vine Café) … Continue reading
On Fridays and Sundays Chef Harold of World Cuisine Express is now serving meals at Piano Gastrolounge, 126 East Anapamu Street. Friday features Harold’s Caribbean Kitchen, an on-going tour through the Islands and their individual cuisines. Sundays will be featuring … Continue reading
More than 2 years ago I wrote that an eatery named Sublime is coming to 901 N. Milpas Street, also known as “The Building With The Cow.” Reader Karl tells me he recently saw construction crews at work inside.
The Tasty Group LLC plans to develop two Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in Santa Barbara and eight restaurants throughout Ventura County over the coming years, with the first restaurant expected to open in 2016. Previously there was just one Santa Barbara … Continue reading
The Santa Barbara Wine Festival, held each year at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, brings together 50 local wineries and 30 food vendors on Saturday, June 28 from 2:00–5:00 p.m. to help raise funds for the Museum’s exhibits … Continue reading
Last week The Restaurant Gal and I attended the one-year anniversary celebration of Los Agaves restaurant at 2911 De la Vina Street.
Word on the street is that Lucky Penny at 137 Anacapa Street will move to 131 Anacapa Street, former home of the recently-closed Avelina Wine Company. I’m hearing that it will then become a full breakfast and lunch place, opening … Continue reading
Here is a list of local restaurants that have closed in the last year: June 2014: none May 2014: Holdren’s Grill, 6920 Marketplace Dr, Goleta April 2014: D’Vine Café, 205 W. Canon Perdido St.; iGrill Korean BBQ, 3132 State St.; … Continue reading
The Elephant Bar, a long time South Coast resident until last August, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is closing 16 locations as part of a reorganization.
A day-long Dine Out event will be held Tuesday, June 24th to support CADA’s (Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse) youth programs. Residents are invited dine at their favorite participating restaurant and a percentage of proceeds will go to support … Continue reading
The 29th annual Central Coast Wine Classic, a weekend of fine wine and cuisine, is being held July 10-12. Tickets must be purchased by June 22. Many charities on the Central Coast will be awarded gifts, including the Rona Barrett … Continue reading
If you can help reader Melissa please leave a message in the blog. Hello Restaurant Guy, I am bringing a group of highly affluent folks to Santa Barbara in April, 2015. They are snobby about eating good food and drinking … Continue reading
Here is a list of local restaurants that have opened in the last year. April saw the arrival of Santa Barbara Public Market at 38 W. Victoria Street, resulting in a record number of openings for a single month. June … Continue reading
Finch & Fork restaurant has started their popular weekly Monday night wine event. For $25, guest can enjoy a wine tasting on the rooftop pool deck of the Canary Hotel from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Guests of the Canary … Continue reading
In late April I reported that iGrill Korean BBQ at 3132 State Street was closed and that I had been informed by management that the eatery would reopen in two weeks. Readers Michelle, Matt and Brendan let me know that … Continue reading
Last October rumors hit my inbox claiming that Los Arroyos was going to replace New Baja Grill in Camino Real Marketplace. I spoke with owner Kelly Brown at the time, who also owns Kahuna Grill and Natural Cafe, and he … Continue reading
Mademoiselle Madeleine, a maker of madeleines, a French pastry, has opened at 114 E. Haley Street. The business is owned by a couple of French nationals, Laetitia and Lionel Lagadec. They are searching to establish exclusive relationships with some local … Continue reading
The Restaurant Guy will be one of eight judges at Finch & Fork’s 2nd annual Shuck ‘n Swallow contest at the Canary Hotel rooftop on Sunday, June 29th. Eight local restaurants will have 2 contestants participate (one shucker, and one … Continue reading
Jill’s Place has been closed since a fire ravaged it in May of 2013. But disappointed diners are now in luck – Jill’s Place has fully reopened. After the fire gutted her restaurant, owner and local Jill Shalhoob took the … Continue reading
The popular Spudnuts donut shop has opened a new location at 6530 Seville Road in Isla Vista. When the eatery first opened on May 29th they sold out before noon, restocked with another batch of donuts and then sold out … Continue reading
I called Full of Life Flatbread in Los Alamos and learned that they are no longer planning to open at the new Santa Barbara Public Market on Victoria Street. I was told that the baker is continuing to look for … Continue reading
Reader Eric tells me that an expansion of the kitchen is in progress at world-famous La Super Rica Taqueria (622 N. Milpas Street). I am told that chips and more are coming soon.
Reader Matt let me know that Your Cake Baker, Inc., run by Wayne Kjar, has recently acquired the location, website and email of the now defunct Montecito Confections at 1150 Coast Village Road. Kjar continues to operate a store at … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream is planning to open an ice cream shop in downtown Los Angeles’s Grand Central Market this July, next to Wexler’s Deli. When asked why they chose Grand Central Market, owner Michael Palmer said, “This … Continue reading
A new restaurant/sandwich shop named Bacon and Brine has opened at 453 Atterdag Road in Solvang. The eatery uses all locally raised pigs and produce from neighboring areas, with no ingredients from over 60 miles, except salt, vinegar and spice. … Continue reading
Reader Wendy tells me that Sama Sama Kitchen at 1208 State Street has completed renovations and has reopened.