CONTEST CANCELED

In February I wrote that Pace restaurant, at 413 State Street, announced that they were giving away their restaurant and even produced a video about it. News of this contest spread far and wide, and was picked up by New York Magazine and the Los Angeles Times. There was $500 entry fee for a chance to win the restaurant and have the lease paid for a year.

Reader DR let me know that new information about this contest has just appeared on their web site:

Regretfully we are canceling the contest at this time due to unforeseen circumstances. Our plan is to relaunch the contest in the near future.

If you are still interested in the contest, and/or have begun working on your submission, please send your contact information to pacefoodanddrink@gmail.com and we will send you an email alerting you to the new dates once they are firmed up.

Thanks for your understanding,

The Snyders

7 Responses to CONTEST CANCELED

1. Milo says:

Gee, what a surprise. They were hoping for a gazillion $500 submissions, hoping to make a huge profit on the transfer of the restaurant, but the dream fell far short.

And as expected, this was all about $$. If it were truly some philanthropic endeavor, you’re telling me out of the hundreds of submission, not ONE met their expectations? Yeah, right.

Just a con that didn’t con.

• Bob says:

Jeez dude, what did the Pace folks do to piss you off? Every time I’ve been in that place has been enjoyable and delicious, and a nice family running it. Ok, it was kind of a dumb idea, but a “con”? Get real.

• SL says:

In the earlier thread my post was removed that gave some not so positive insights into this families business dealings. People actually believed this was a legit contest?

2. shebeest says:

Didn’t your mamma tell you, if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut? They are really nice people who made excellent food, and although I agree the idea is whack, I applaud them for trying something original.

3. lemonjelly says:

I hope they remain open.

4. Lily says:

The rent at that location is sky high, although Pace is quite busy and has delicious food, they probably do not make much profit in the end.