D’VINE CAFÉ CLOSES

dvine-1D’Vine Café at 205 W. Canon Perdido Street closes today after 10 years in business. Owner David Faiia, who is getting married soon, put the business up for sale and it sold much sooner than he anticipated.

“I would like to thank all of our long time loyal customers. It’s been rewarding to connect with all of the people who passed through our doors,” said Faiia. “It’s bitter sweet – I’m sad to leave and excited to move on to something new. We are very grateful to have been on this corner for the last 10 years and I am going to miss all of our customers and of course we wish success to the new owners.”

Faiia tells me that the address will be occupied by a new restaurant with a new name.

8 Responses to D’VINE CAFÉ CLOSES

1. Kellam de Forest says:

My best wishes to David. Please extend my appreciation for his putting up with my crossword puzzles and for providing good food at reasonable prices at this easy to park location.

Sorry to see you go, you had great stuff!

3. julibelleSB says:

David is a true commercial pioneer and unsung local hero. D’vine was a great, personal spot that grew with the neighborhood. I hope he got a boatload of $$$, that the new owners ‘get’ their neighborhood and continue to be a resource.

4. David Faiia says:

Thank you for your kind words-much appreciated!

5. Billy Ames says:

From your favorite seared ahi sandwich guy, really bumbed your gone, but the best in your new endeavor

6. Sierra says:

I am so sad to hear the news!!! This was the best sandwich and breakfast place in Santa Barbara and probably the west coast! And also the best place I have ever worked in my life. My college years in Santa Barbara would not have been as amazing if not for this quaint and delightful restaurant. From the incredible food to the unforgettable staff and owner Dave. The memories made there have and will always be cherished. It brings peace to my heart and a smile to my face just thinking of it all. Thank you for everything Dave. Your food, spirit and love have changed me forever.
    Lot of Love,