- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: April 2014
Readers “Mister P” and “Black CA Guy” tell me that Smoke N Barrel BBQ Shack at 6920 Marketplace Drive in Goleta has closed after 7 months in business. I stopped by and saw a sign on the door that read … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s Bennett Family recently purchased local icon Farmer Boy restaurant, 3427 State Street, and will close the eatery for several months of renovation, starting tomorrow (Thursday). If you want their popular giant cinnamon roll you better run over there … Continue reading
Magic Pita Café at 5 W. Haley Street replaced Greek House Café last November. Several readers tell me that there is now a sign on the front window that reads “closed until further notice.” I tried calling the restaurant and … Continue reading
Readers tell me that Lovin’ Oven Mediterranean Bakery & Café has opened at 6578 Trigo Road in Isla Vista, the former home of Cafe Int’l and Fresh Wok.
The Santa Barbara News-Press reports that a new commercial building, to be occupied by 7-Eleven and Subway, is coming to 1936 State Street, directly across the street from an AM/PM mini-mart and gas station.
Reader Brendan let me know that iGrill Korean BBQ at 3132 State Street has been closed for a couple of weeks. I stopped by and spoke with an associate who told me that they are in the process of changing … Continue reading
A new restaurant named The Black Sheep is opening Sunday, May 4th at 26 E. Ortega Street. Here is a message to you from the owners: Hello John, Just wanted to pass along to your readers about a new restaurant … Continue reading
In February I wrote that Pace restaurant, at 413 State Street, announced that they were giving away their restaurant and even produced a video about it. News of this contest spread far and wide, and was picked up by New … Continue reading
Local competitive cooks will simmer up Southwest flavors for the Carpinteria Chili Cookoff on Saturday, May 3, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Carpinteria Woman’s Club, 1050 Vallecito Road. The Restaurant Guy will be one of several participating judges. The … Continue reading
The Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center’s Annual Chocolate de Vine fundraiser will be held on Saturday, May 3 at The Greek Orthodox Church Salon, 1206 San Antonio Creek Road, from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. Tickets are $65 in advance and $75 … Continue reading
The difference between bad and good is the same as the difference between good and great. Last week my wife and I dined at a great restaurant named bouchon, 9 W. Victoria Street and enjoyed the duck, black cod, beet … Continue reading
This just in from reader Garrett: John, Not sure if you were aware, but there are signs blocking parking all-day Friday at West Beach listing “The Great Food Truck Race” under the reservation. Believe its a Food Network reality show … Continue reading
Noozhawk has a great write-up about yesterday’s block party on Victoria Street, celebrating local businesses.
D’Vine Café at 205 W. Canon Perdido Street closes today after 10 years in business. Owner David Faiia, who is getting married soon, put the business up for sale and it sold much sooner than he anticipated. “I would like … Continue reading
A new restaurant and craft beer tap room named Yellow Belly is coming to 2611 De la Vina street, the former home of TAP Thai cuisine (which moved to upper State). I spoke with restaurant owners Alex Noormand and Tracy … Continue reading
Reader Glenn tells me that a “coming soon” banner for SpudNuts donut shop has appeared next door to Firehouse Subs, 6530 Seville Road in Isla Vista, which opened in March.
Reader Ernest tells me that he noticed that Sama Sama Kitchen at 1208 State Street was closed, the sign was down, and that there was a construction crew busy at work. I called the restaurant and their phone message says … Continue reading
A well known politician and activist (who also won an Oscar and Nobel Peace Prize) dined at Crushcakes Café at 4945 Carpinteria Avenue in Carpinteria last Friday. Here is a message about the visit from Crushcakes owner Shannon Gaston: “Hello, … Continue reading
Share your Easter restaurant suggestions by leaving a comment in the blog here.
If you can help reader Jenneil, please leave a message in the blog. Hi there, I’m in a bit of a conundrum. I love my Sunday Bloody Mary’s, especially with a pickled green bean garnish. Normally I buy SB Olive … Continue reading
If you can help reader John please leave a message in the blog. John, Do you have any leads on a part time personal chef? My wife and I have vastly different diets (I am vegan and she is Paleo) … Continue reading
The sun is shining and the days are longer which means this is patio season. Just in time for guests to enjoy the great outdoors, Arlington Tavern at 21 W. Victoria Street has opened their new front patio (on the … Continue reading
The nonprofit Santa Barbara Culinary Arts (SBCA) has announced a fund-raising cookbook launch party on Saturday, May 3rd from 1-3 p.m. at the Gourmet Dining Room, School of Culinary Arts & Hotel Management at Santa Barbara City College. Taste the … Continue reading
Georgia’s Smokehouse food truck has introduced bottled sauces and rubs to celebrate their first anniversary. The new offerings include Sweet BBQ, Spicy BBQ and Dry Rub. Chef Brian and Alissa Parks introduced their gourmet BBQ food truck to the central … Continue reading
Beach Bowl, the much anticipated eatery at 901 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria, announced an April 15th opening, according to Dylan Chappell, the local architect behind the business’s design and floor plan. Beach Bowl serves a variety of acai berry and … Continue reading
This just in from Wine Cask restaurant, 813 Anacapa Street: “Rare opportunity to join Wine Cask management team as Sous-Chef and work under Chef Brandon Hughes. Stoke your creative side, too, with the qualified candidate having the opportunity to design and … Continue reading
As luck would have it, the biggest local food news story of the year happened while The Restaurant Guy is out of town in San Diego. I’m told Santa Barbara Public Market has opened to big crowds at the corner … Continue reading
The Restaurant Gal and I have been in San Diego since the end of March which has slowed the flow of news a bit the last couple of weeks. I will be back at the end of the week.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art at 1130 State Street has announced that Fire & Ice Events is the new operator for the Museum Café, with a vision that is a celebration of the “Art of Food.” The new eatery … Continue reading