THE CRYSTAL BALL

After intense concentration and a wave of my hand over the all-knowing crystal ball, my eatery oracle has revealed a list of locations appearing in your future:

• Anacapa Seafood raw bar, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Beach Bowls, 901 Linden Ave., Carpinteria
  • Belcampo Meat Co., 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Benchmark Eatery, 1201 State St. (formerly Maggie’s, opening May)
  • C’est Cheese Café & Marketplace, 831 Santa Barbara St. (formerly Our Daily Bread)
  • Crazy Good Bread, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Dunkin’ Donuts, Santa Barbara
  • Empty Bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Enjoy Cupcakes, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Flagstone Pantry, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Full of Life Flatbread, near 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Green Star Coffee, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Himalaya Kitchen, 431 State St. (currently All India Café)
  • Italian Grocery & Deli, 210 W. Carrillo St. (formerly Carrow’s)
  • Jersey Mike’s, 1213 State St. (formerly Quizno’s Subs)
  • Juice Well, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • La Ancla Taqueria, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Lovin’ Oven Mediterranean Bakery & Café, 6578 Trigo Rd., Isla Vista (formerly Cafe Int’l)
  • Lure Fish House, Upper State St.
  • Mesa Verde (vegan), 1919 Cliff Dr. (formerly Cliff’s & Co.)
  • Papa John’s Pizza, 5756 Calle Real, Goleta
  • Pasta Shoppe, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Patxi’s Pizza, 515 State St. (formerly Territory Ahead)
  • Rori’s Artisanal Creamery, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Santa Monica Seafood, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Silvergreens, Goleta
  • Starbucks, 101 Milpas St.
  • Sublime, 901 N. Milpas St.
  • Taco Bell, Hollister Ave. at Pacific Oaks Rd., Goleta
  • Tri Tip Company, 214 State St.
  • Villa Pizza, 618 Anacapa St.
  • Unnamed cheese and charcuterie shop, 38 W. Victoria St.
  • Unnamed brewhouse/restaurant,5065 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria

22 Responses to THE CRYSTAL BALL

1. Brendan says:

The Fresh Market has already been open for a couple months.

2. DN says:

So is Full of Life Flatbread back on? I thought I had read somewhere (maybe your blog or maybe not?) that they were no longer opening up in Santa Barbara, I can’t remember the reason, if there was one given.

• John Dickson says:

I removed them from the Crystal Ball when they were not listed on the official SB Public Market web site. Then I was told they are not in SB Public Market but opening next to it. So I put them back.

3. Andy says:

McDonalds on Calle Real and Fairview…I thought that fell through? There has been a “For Lease” sign on the property for at least a year now.

4. Ed says:

good guess on Dunkin Donut.. Since they plan to have 700+ locations in CA in 2015.. Going after Starbucks.

Whats too bad is there aren’t any of the higher end chains looking here – like PF Changs or McCormick …

Where is the Silvergreens going to be again?

6. Lily says:

Goleta gets all the crappy boring mega chains.

7. tama says:

be choice to have Cheesecake Factory’s shrimp blt close by.

fyi Best of China = Wok on the Wild Side already open. They are the same address and same billing info I just got.

9. Jen C. says:

I agree with The Cheesecake Factory! (Without trying starting the whole chain restaurant argument here- we’ve heard it here before!)
    Lure surprises me though, because of the fact that Santa Barbara is a beach community with such great local fish eateries! (and yes, I’m partly bitter because I actually don’t care much for fish, but still enjoy some good clam chowder at places like Brophys. Bitter that they might be going into a location that would make a great NEW addition such as Cheesecake, or even a Yardhouse!)

I am just wondering how long the old Sizzler and the old Elephant Bar place will stay open. I think we have all given up on Timbers also. With those kind of vacancies you wonder that a big name like Cheesecake would not want to come here. I think a Red Lobster would be a good fit for any of those vacancies. Just went to a Joe’s Crab Shack which would be similar and also work. The seafood places are lacking in Goleta(although Nikka is a great addition, and the only seafood place in Goleta) and the brand would draw people in.

11. Robert says:

Un named brewery is Rincon Brewery. Building permits approved and they hope to open by July 4th.

Owner (husband) is married to owner (wife) of Corktree cellars (she also owns Peebee and jays )

Sent you Facebook msg with copy of building permit

12. Charlotte says:

Drive to Ventura to eat at Lure about once a month. Beautiful restaurant, great staff, fabulous seafood and the prices are very reasonable ( local and sustainable ). No frozen Swaii or Talapia on the menu, thank you very much! Are they moving to the La Cumbre Plaza old Ruths Chris location?