Santa Barbara’s only Brazilian restaurant, Brasil Arts Cafe, 1230 State Street, is celebrating its 1 year anniversary with free capoeira and dance classes, free food samples and samba at its “Customer Appreciation Day” this Saturday, March 29th, from 9am-5pm. To celebrate the community’s support over the past year, Brasil Arts Cafe plans to infuse all things Brazilian into a day of thanks by offering organic juice and smoothie samples, Brazilian coffee samples, mini acai bowls, pao de queijo, tri tip, and more:
- 12:30pm-Capoeira master, Professor Chin, will be teaching an intro to capoeira class for everyone to try
- 1pm- Nadra Erdman will be teaching her regular Afro-Brazilian dance workshop $20.00
- 2pm- Pandeiro class- Learn the basic rhythms on the panderio (tambourine)
- 2:30pm Forro class- Brazilian couples dance
- 3pm- Free Samba dance class with Vanessa Isaac.