PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA COMING TO GOLETA

Reader Paul let me know that Papa John’s Pizza is coming to 5756 Calle Real in Goleta. The address is immediately next door to Paloma Restaurant and Tequila Bar. A new sign on the door reads: “Coming Soon Papa John’s Pizza – We are now hiring for: shift leaders, drivers, front desk. Please call 310-254-4146 for an appointment or email your resume to duke400@aol.com.”  Papa John’s owns or franchises approximately 4,200 restaurants in all 50 states and 35 countries. For more information visit papajohns.com.

papajohns

23 Responses to PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA COMING TO GOLETA

1. gregoreo says:

who uses aol anymore?

2. Tera Gram says:

That Duke uses AOL in this day & age and does not have a corporate-specific website screams LOADS about this organization. They’re in the dark ages.

They should not survive in this area and in fact, should be rejected utterly.

But, just like that damnable chicken restaurant on upper State Street, the majority of people will ignore the politics and give more money to some rich jerks who are working counter their-own (i.e. the customer’s) best interests.

3. Tom says:

The company that won’t hire full time so they don’t have to pay any benefits, won’t get my business

4. Amanda says:

OMG I love Papa Johns!!!! Can’t wait to order their pizza! The garlic/butter sauce it so good too.

5. Carl says:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!!!

6. N says:

I love the pic and how it shows where the sign is along with a blow up so you can read it! :)

7. Lily says:

Oh goodie, a boring national pizza chain.

8. Ted says:

Despicable business practices, low wages, treating employees badly and blaming it on “Obamacare.” Yeah, not ever gonna get my money.

9. Simpleton says:

Papa John uses a franchise model. Duke is likely the manager or franchisee. Welcome to neighborhood and can’t wait to have another pizza delivery option.

10. Justin R. says:

Thanks for posting John.

In my opinion, it’s one of the worst pizza’s out there. But, they are masters at finding customers. When I was in the Army, they would just bake a ton of pizzas and send delivery people through the barracks. It was hard for soldiers to resist after eating mess hall food. I just remember it being terrible pizza.

Tried it again probably 5 years ago, still gross.

I won’t be visiting and can’t imagine how we need another pizza place.

11. Charlotte says:

Worse than Rusty’s? Too bad for Goleta. It’s bad enough they just opened a Little Caesars and sign spinner on the corner. Disgusting!

12. Scott says:

PJ’s is grosser than gross.

13. Chaz says:

When folks act as restaurant critics I’d welcome a reason for their opinions, either good or bad, i.e., “too salty,” “usually overcooked,” etc. so that I can compare their experiences with my own.

Since this is a restaurant/food blog, please don’t simply use an adjective from the common vernacular that has no real descriptive value.

Thank you, knowledgeable foodies.

I’ll give it a shot, never had the pleasure(?) of eating there before. I gave Little Caesars a shot in Goleta also and for the cheap price it was not too bad. I wonder where this place falls in the expense category, more expensive than Little Caesars? About same as a Dominos?

15. mike says:

Pappa Johns is basically a carry out\delivery chain. Pizzas in this category are all compromises by nature. Their completion will be the Dominos and Little Ceasars. I don’t expect them to rise to the level of a sit down place like Rustys and certainly not one of the better places with a wood fired oven. My relocation of them is not a bad pizza for what it is. The only complaint being the sauce was a little on the sweet side for.