QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you can help reader Catherine please leave a message in the blog. One would think that The Restaurant Guy should know this, but I actually don’t have a clue. My guess for the entire South Coast is “20,000″ and “Monday.”

Hey Restaurant Guy,

I am interested in some local dining statistics, specifically:

1) How many people dine out each day in Santa Barbara?

2) What is the slowest day of the week for restaurants?

Thanks,
Catherine

6 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY

1. Mac says:

1) Not a clue
    2) Probably Wednesdays for us. Mondays tend to be pretty lively thanks to visitors stretching their weekends into long weekends. And why wouldn’t you…

2. SL says:

1. 4,350.25
    2. Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the week

I would think Wed as places have Taco Tuesdays etc. Mon/Thu too close to week for tourists.

4. Gerald Bostock says:

I’ve wondered about the Monday being the least-utillized dining-out day. (Do I need more or fewer hyphens? :-))
    I think that Monday being a standard day off for restaurants has a lot to do with it.
    This was actually a trivia question on Food TV R. Irvine Restaurant Impossible last night….

• Rachael says:

I agree, I think the slowest day for restaurants has to be Mondays. Tons of them in Santa Barbara are actually closed that day anyway. Tuesday would come second.

5. Roger says:

According to research Americans on the average eat out about 5 times a week and it seems that the slowest day would be on Tuesdays. My wife and I love to eat out as often as we can. Have a great day and be blessed.