The Web turns 25 today, being born on March 12, 1989. Thank you Tim Berners-Lee for your great idea. I remember first using the web in 1993, which was about 5 years before Google was born. In 1994 I had lunch with Marc Andreessen during the (now long gone) Comdex convention in Las Vegas and he showed me his new browser, yet to be released, called “Netscape,” which was to be the next generation of his hugely popular “Mosaic” browser. (Mosaic/Netscape eventually became Firefox). I told him about an Environment Directory that I was creating and he decided to build a link to it right inside Netscape, and kept it there for several years. I was able to leverage the immense amount of traffic from Netscape to help fund and launch all the online businesses I run today, including this web site.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street