QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you can help reader Mark please leave a message in the blog.

Good Morning,

I read your blog periodically and have a question that I hope you can help with.  Can you please tell me local restaurants in SB that have private rooms that can accommodate 20-25 people?  A family member passed a few days ago and I am looking for a nice restaurant where we can have dinner and visit with out of town guests.

Thanks,
Mark

17 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY

1. Christine says:

Condolences.

Holdren’s Grill in Camino Real has a nice room that holds about 30. There’s also Marmalade in La Cumbre Plaza. I had a business lunch once on a covered patio / separate room at the Beachside at Goleta Beach. I never recommend Harry’s because of a very unprofessional experience I had there years ago but I know others do enjoy Harry’s and they do have rooms.

2. John D says:

We’ve always enjoyed Harry’s and whenever we want a large room we use Harry’s private El Camino Room. There’s no fee for the room, and the food and drink choices are legend. The servers are great.

3. Barbara says:

Recently had a lovely experience at Le Cafe Stella on McCaw Avenue (off Las Positas), using its private room. The food is quite good and prices are affordable. Only drawback there is the facility’s limited parking area.

Also, the La Arcada Bistro’s dining room is available as a private room. Trina and Willie are most accommodating.

4. Lily says:

The Lark has Pullman room and the food can be customized, not just the stuff that are currently on the menu.

5. j.w. says:

Call Danny @ 884 9419 the manager for Ca’Dario and Ca’Dario Pizzeria he can help you.

6. Lisa says:

I agree with Harry’s…used them for the same “event”. Went very well

7. Barbara potter says:

The Andersens on State street…..have room upstairs.
    Marmalade in La Cumbre….private room
    Stella Mare’s. …historical house

8. Scott says:

Hey Restaurant Guy: these questions come up a lot. Maybe you should add a “group dining” category to your restaurant database.

9. Joanne says:

Las Aves in the Best Western Hotel on Bath St has a beautifully appointed room. We had our son’s rehearsal dinner there and the room held 50 comfortably. The food and service was superb.

10. Vic says:

Harry’s is a bit too casual for a memorial. I suggest the upstairs room at Jane.

11. David Nadeau says:

Opal Restaurant
    1325 State Street

Phone: 805966-9676

Tina and Richard are great! Never had a bad experience. They have a side room that can be closed off.

12. Ice Man says:

I agree with Cafe Stella, we had our company xmas party there, wonderful!

13. barry says:

Arch Rock Fish, or the Hyatt Hotel. both have room and some class.

14. Laurie says:

We did this same thing at Le Cafe Stella a year ago after my father-in-law’s funeral and they did a great job. Everyone really enjoyed the food and the privacy, and service was excellent.

15. Anthony says:

Hi Mark,

We have an upstairs that is completely private from the rest of the business.
    quite large and can easily accommodate 25 people and has a balcony looking over state street.

Apéro is located on 532 State street with the Haley parking lot right around the corner.
    Feel free to come and have a look to see if it might suit your event.

Anthony