- Quiet Dog on KOGILICIOUS CLOSES
- Ted on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Ted on RUMOR MACHINE
- Gerald Bostock on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- D Morrison on TAKENOYA CLOSES
- Mike on THE DRUNKEN CRAB TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
- Diana on SANTA YNEZ BURRITO COMING TO ISLA VISTA
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Earlier in the week the Rumor Machine suggested that Tap That at 2611 De la Vina Street was moving uptown. Reader Mike has confirmed the news: Hey, John! We attempted to eat at Tap Thai today but they were closed. … Continue reading
For only the third time in more than 40 years, Taffy’s Pizza at 2026 De la Vina Street has new owners, as Casey and Shaina Groves took over the historic pizzeria on De la Vina Street earlier this year. “Being … Continue reading
If you can help reader Katherine please leave a message in the blog. Hi John, I’m curious to know if any SB restaurants or bars will be playing this Sunday night’s Academy Awards broadcast. Looking for a spot to watch … Continue reading
To help keep tumble weeds out of the arid basin formerly known has Lake Cachuma, The Restaurant Gal and I are in full water-conservation mode. Rather than going down the drain, our unused cold shower water (when you first start … Continue reading
Reader Meg let me know that Jill Shalhoob has posted a new message on the Facebook page for Jill’s Place restaurant, 632 Santa Barbara Street: We are finally recovering from the fire we experienced last May that severely damaged the … Continue reading
Noozhawk has posted a story about a local artisans market coming to the parking lot near the Goleta Outback Steakhouse at 5690 Calle Real. The weekly open-air event will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday, beginning March … Continue reading
The Ellwood Mesa in Goleta is an open space where The Restaurant Gal and I frequently go for walks. If you have explored this area you know it is a natural setting except for one thing: a rusty old car … Continue reading
Los Arroyos Downtown will celebrate fifteen years at its current location, 14 W Figueroa Street, on March 4th. From Saturday, March 1st to Tuesday, March 4th, they will offer our original menu items and prices from 1999 including nachos were … Continue reading
This just in from SBMenus.com: SBmenus.com now makes delivery available for downtown Santa Barbara residents and professionals. The service allows customers to order online for delivery from restaurants like South Coast Deli, SB Chicken Ranch, Chili’s Bar & Grill, Crushcakes … Continue reading
Silvergreens restaurant, at 791 Chapala Street, now offers a delivery option through SBmenus.com. Hours for delivery are 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily.
Sorriso Italiano, which opened last July at 901 Embarcadero del Mar in Isla Vista, now offers an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet for $7.95 every Monday and Wednesday between noon and 2 p.m.
Blush Restaurant and Lounge at 630 State Street recently unveiled a new menu for 2014. In the stylings of Head Chef Brandon Worrell, new dishes include a 12oz Double Cut Porkchop, a 16oz Bone-in RibEye, Chilean Sea Bass, and a … Continue reading
If you can help reader Mark please leave a message in the blog. Good Morning, I read your blog periodically and have a question that I hope you can help with. Can you please tell me local restaurants in SB … Continue reading
There is a rumor raging on Edhat that goes like this: “When the City of Santa Barbara renovates the Cabrillo Pavilion on East Beach next year, it plans not to renew the lease of the East Beach Grill, a beloved … Continue reading
Taco Bell is planning to launch an app later this year for smartphones that will allow customers to order ahead of time, before they venture to a nearby location, according to the food news authority Nation’s Restaurant News. The app … Continue reading
Promote your Valentine’s Day specials by leaving a comment in the blog here.
I spoke with Cielto restaurant (1114 State Street) and was told that founding chef Ramon Velazquez no longer works there. I am told that he has been replaced with assistant chef Damon Murphy (now executive chef) whose partnership with Velazquez … Continue reading
If you can help reader J.O. please leave a message in the blog. Hey, any places to get a Valentines Day dinner and enjoy a romantic dance as well? Not like a night club, more like a classy place! Thanks, … Continue reading
Ever since Foster’s Freeze closed in March 2010, the Mesa has been without a dedicated dessert shop. That all changed this month when frozen yogurt specialist The Lovin’ Spoonful opened 2028 Cliff Drive, next to Super Cuca’s. Their mission statement … Continue reading
Last year I reported that vegan restaurant Mesa Verde is coming to 1919 Cliff Drive, the former home of Cliff’s & Co. Sources tell me that the new eatery is connected with chef Greg Arnold, who is involved with Sage … Continue reading
When restaurants have a giveaway it usually involves an item on the menu. In the case of Pace restaurant, 413 State Street, they are giving away the restaurant itself. In fact, they will pay you to take it. A Santa … Continue reading
I was at Costco strolling for some non-essential purchases when I suddenly felt hungry. I realized that I had completely skipped lunch. As luck would have it, right next to me was a booth offering a free sample of sausage … Continue reading
When I was a kid I used to think there were two Lake Cachumas – one for cold water and one for hot water. I was amazed when I eventually learned that there was a thing called a “water heater” … Continue reading
Sources tell me that Kahuna Grill, which opened in Paseo Nuevo mall in 2008, is actively looking for a tenant to replace them and I am told is in discussions with a good prospect. The burger place, whose lease ends … Continue reading
SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning is offering 360 classes and workshops for every schedule and lifestyle. Winter classes start and end throughout the term, between January 13 and March 22. Cooking classes offered for winter 2014 include: Almost Meatless; Beautiful … Continue reading
Here are photos I took of Robert Redford at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival receiving the American Riviera Award.
Here are photos I took of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival on February 6, 2014 to receive the SBIFF Cinema Vanguard Award.
San Marcos High School students are now getting hands-on experience and learning the necessary skills required for a job in the food service industry, thanks to the January 23 launching of the Café Royale Culinary Program. There are currently 39 … Continue reading
Here are photos from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Virtuosos Award last night.