NOYUMYUM

Readers Cris and Papa John let me know that YoYumYum frozen yogurt at 5915A Calle Real in Goleta has closed their doors for good. The eatery opened in June 2009 and competition, in the form of the popular dessert destination Yogurtland, opened up just 100 yards away last March. Papa John sent me a photo of a new sign that is now posted on the front door. It reads:

To our customers,

We thank you for your loyalty these past years. Unfortunately we have decided to close the doors to our Goleta location, effective immediately. We truly have enjoyed serving you and being apart of your day! Thank you so much for your business. Our remaining locations in Carpinteria and Oxnard will still remain open. We look forward to serving you there. It you have purchased a gift card you can use them at our Carpinteria and Oxnard locations. Thank you once again. It’s been a wonderful experience.

Carpinteria YoYumYum – 1005 Casitas Pass Rd.
Oxnard YoYumYum – 938 N. Ventura Rd.

12 Responses to NOYUMYUM

1. Judy says:

I am really sorry to say this, but these guys alienated many potential customers with their endlessly flashing neon signage. So obnoxious and disrespectful! Without exception, everyone I talked to vowed not to patronize, just for that reason. This will sound unbelievable, but I actually heard from neighboring business owners that they hoped yoYumyum would leave, because the signage repelled customers from the entire strip.

2. Christine says:

Interesting. It’s no different that what the mattress store there previously had. I figured the mattress guy left his signs behind and Yo just left them there!

• Judy says:

Nope, those flashing lights appeared with they opened. I remember being shocked that they complied with Goleta’s sign ordinance; but can’t say I’m sure the City of Goleta had even developed rules at that time.

3. Amanda says:

Thank goodness– now get rid of that obnoxious sign!

4. Andy Gault says:

Didn’t mind the sign but the help was awful and the place was dirty. Half the time the product was soggy. They blamed the customers because they said the customers did not push the levers all the way up??

5. ER says:

It was just a matter of time after Yogurtland opened across the street with a much better product and cleaner store!

6. Rob says:

Just last week as I was leaving Z’s Taphouse I commented to my wife, “I wonder how much longer these guys will make it with Yogurtland right across the street.” Turns out the answer was not long at all.

7. Taryn says:

I am in forth grade and yo-yum-yum is my favorite yogurt
    place. I think I know who closed you down. I don’t know ih this is
    true but I think it was yogurtland. I wrote them a mean note to
    them so I hope your happy about that! GOOD LUCK AT YOUR OTHER
    LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

8. Jessica says:

I wouldn’t say the sign was disrespectful, just somewhat
    annoying. But it was the runny yogurt that doomed this place. We
    asked about it and they said people had too hard of a time getting
    it to come out if they made it colder. Personally I think they
    didn’t want to pay the higher bills for using more electricity ;)
    Last time we went because my daughter felt sorry for them,and
    afterwards she said “That was a big mistake, can we please go to
    Yogurtland next time?” !! Awful flavors, no non-dairy options,
    dirty, and runny yogurt. Definitely was just a matter of
    time…

9. Taryn says:

I am in forth grade and yo-yum-yum is my favorite yogurt place. I think I know who closed you down. I don’t know ih this is true but I think it was yogurtland. I wrote them a mean note to them so I hope your happy about that! GOOD LUCK AT YOUR OTHER LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

10. Mand says:

Only in our fairytale land can a neon sign be called disrespectful, lol. Annoying, perhaps. But it’s not disrespectful just because you don’t like to see it there!

As for the actual product they sold, well…meh. It was okay, tasted a bit chemically a lot of the time. The one in Carp is still open, but I realize that’s a long drive for people who live in Goleta and frequented this location.