QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you can help reader Laura please leave a message in the blog.

Hi:

I’m looking for a restaurant that has a small private room for a small party (maybe 30)…..in June. I would like to provide hors d’oeuvres and an open bar.

Thanks,
Laura

13 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY

1. Christine says:

Avoid Harry’s. My experience with them was completely unprofessional and left my group to fend for ourselves in their main dining room. This was for a family gathering for a wedding. SO disappointed.

Marmalade in La Cumbre Plaza has a room but I do not know about the open bar.

You might contact Rincon Catering, they have space on-site down on Santa Claus Ln in Carp.

Holdren’s Grille in Camino Real Marketplace has a room.

2. Maura says:

The El Encanto Hotel’s restaurant has an upstairs private room and deck. The food was great and the views were amazing.

3. Rob Egenolf says:

Arts and Letters Cafe would be great for such an event

4. RexOfSB says:

I second Arts & Letters. Wonderful food and a very caring staff. Barring that, I certainly wouldn’t rule out Harry’s Plaza. I’ve been to many events in their El Camino Room and it’s been a favorite venue for groups for decades.

5. Jeff says:

Check out Petrini’s Restaurant in Goleta. Nice sized side room and great staff and food.

6. Laura says:

Thanks all for your great suggestions..

7. Barbara says:

I suggest Le Cafe Stella over on McCaw near Las Positas. They have great appetizers, reasonably priced and a room at the back with its own bar area that can be closed off. They also have a nice outdoor patio area, if the weather is fine. The only drawback is their limited parking, but with a party that size, you shouldn’t have any difficulty.

8. Barbara says:

Oh, also I’ve had great success with the La Arcada Bistro — Willie and his wife will treat you right too! I’ve set these events up for the Santa Barbara Paralegal Association, so have searched for these venues on several occasions.

Uh doesn’t John have a private room link up top people can click on?

10. Erica says:

I hosted a fantastic party upstairs at the Blue Agave a
    couple years ago. Great ambiance, food, and drinks…definitely
    would recommend the venue!

11. Zev says:

check out the Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe. I
    had a great private party there in their garden room. delicious
    food and great service.

12. Laura Foley says:

Many thanks for all the comments and suggestions……..I
    checked them all out and have decided to go with Holdren’s. The
    manager, Marcy was very pleasant and she and the chef worked with
    me on cost and what to be served. Since I am coming from Michigan a
    few days before…..I was especailly comfortable with Holdren’s
    because I have eaten there. Again, many thanks for the suggestions.
    Laura.