- Christine on HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANTA BARBARA PUBLIC MARKET
- Foodie Dan on IGRILL / SUSHI TERI UPDATE
- Steve on IGRILL / SUSHI TERI UPDATE
- Jeremy on HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANTA BARBARA PUBLIC MARKET
- SL on HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANTA BARBARA PUBLIC MARKET
- Whirl on IGRILL / SUSHI TERI UPDATE
- Christine on IGRILL / SUSHI TERI UPDATE
- Ted on RUSTY’S UPDATE
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.
Monthly Archives: January 2014
If you can help reader Amy please leave a message in the blog. Hello, I’m looking for a nice venue/restaurant for a private dinner party of 50 for end of May. I want it to be intimate, nice not fancy … Continue reading
Last week I wrote that Santa Barbara’s storied Bennett family, owners of Brophy Bros. restaurant at the harbor, had taken over 1201 State Street, the former home of Maggie’s and State & A. I included a rumor about the Bennett … Continue reading
If you can help reader Rolf please leave a message in the blog. Hello Restaurant Guy I want to hold a one-day private wine event (education, tasting, fun activities) for up to 100 people in the Santa Barbara area and … Continue reading
Santa Barbara’s Film Feast is a unique take on Restaurant Week. Coinciding with the 29th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) January 30th – February 9th, Film Feast participants (restaurants, wine tasting rooms and hotels) offer special tasting menu’s … Continue reading
I received a tip that the new Avelina Wine Co. at 131 Anacapa Street in the Funk Zone closed down this week. I don’t know how long the closure will last. I called during business hours and nobody answers the … Continue reading
The Milpas Street Cow dates back to 1940 when there were numerous dairies operating around the city. That year, the Live Oak Dairy built the building at 901 North Milpas complete with the now-famous cow perched on top. Reader PrimeTime … Continue reading
Reader Mike tells me that things are being remodeled in our around Beachbreak Cafe at 324 State Street and that the business should reopen in a week or so.
Regarding Tino’s Italian Grocery & Deli at 415 E. De la Guerra Street, that is planning to move to Carrillo Street, here is an update from reader Pam: The patriarch may be gone & the “old” deli maybe moving, however, … Continue reading
Just as the city of Santa Barbara is considering reactivating the desalinization plant (for a reported $20 million) to battle the ongoing drought, I recently found an unopened bottle of the very expensive refreshment in a cabinet at my parents’ … Continue reading
Word on the street is that In-N-Out Burger has been scouting for a new location in the lower Milpas area. When driving southbound on the 101 freeway there is an exit for Milpas Street North, that forms a tight curve … Continue reading
This just in from Simply Pies, 5392 Hollister Avenue: Hi John Did you know that today, Thursday, January 23, is National Pie Day? We are members of The American Pie Council and today is the day we celebrate everything pie! … Continue reading
If you can help reader Paul please leave a message in the blog. Hello my name is Paul H Ramirez I am the grandson of Pascual Gamboa from Pascual’s Restaurant on State then Carrillo Street, then East Victoria Street. I … Continue reading
Reader Mari let me know there is a new message on the web site for the Museum Cafe, 1130 State Street: As of January 13, 2014, The Museum Café is temporarily closed due to a change in operators. Please check … Continue reading
This just in from Silvergreens restaurant (791 Chapala Street, 900 Embarcadero Del Mar, Isla Vista): Good morning John, I wanted to reach out to you and share with you some new changes we made to our menu at Silvergreens! Both … Continue reading
Panera Bread bakery-café, represented locally at 700 State Street and 3851 State Street, has introduced new menu items including the Mediterranean Shrimp Couscous Salad, All Natural Turkey Chili, Power Chicken Hummus Bowl and Low-Fat B-Green Power Smoothie.
If you can help reader Connie please leave a message in the blog. Hi! I love reading the Restaurant Guy and getting all the inside scoops and answers to the questions that plague me at 3 o’clock in the morning … Continue reading
This just in from bouchon, 9 W. Victoria Street: Hello John, Hope 2014 has been treating you well! Just a quick email to share some news on an upcoming remodeling project at bouchon. We were informed by our landlord that … Continue reading
Readers Peggy and Tinang let me know that a new sign has appeared at 1201 State Street, the former home of Maggie’s and State and A. I stopped by to check it out and saw a paper notice that says … Continue reading
I called Arch Rock Fish restaurant at 608 Anacapa Street today and was told that the eatery has been sold. The dining destination is open for business as usual. I left a message for management seeking further details. UPDATE: I … Continue reading
This just in from Seagrass restaurant, 30 E. Ortega Street: Hi John, On January 22nd Seagrass restaurant is having a event called “Remedios.” It is a night for the soul and we will be featuring singer, songwriter and poet Nino … Continue reading
Yogurtland (621 State Street; 5880 Calle Real, Goleta) announced the winning flavors of its inaugural Fan Choice Awards that celebrate the best in frozen yogurt taste. “Our fans are passionate about their favorite flavors, and they couldn’t wait to tell … Continue reading
This just in from Ken Boxer, owner of Palazzio, 1026 State Street: Hi John, My production crew for “Ken Boxer Live” is getting too used to Palazzio food for their production dinners during our tapings. I was hopeful that you … Continue reading
Reader Steve let me know that Fernando’s Churros is a new food truck parked at Casa de la Raza, 601 East Montecito Street. He’s had it for about 3 months or so after previously being inside. I’m told Fernando’s Churros … Continue reading
This just in from the Greater Santa Barbara Lodging and Restaurant Association: The Greater Santa Barbara Lodging and Restaurant Association Presents The 2014 Annual Membership Luncheon Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 at The Bacara Resort and Spa (Ballroom), 8301 Hollister Ave., … Continue reading
Reliable sources say that El Torito restaurant at 29 E. Cabrillo Boulevard might not be around much longer. Additionally, reports are coming in that some El Torito employees have been asked to start looking for work. I called the restaurant … Continue reading
Wahoo’s Fish Taco at 511 State Street has closed. A sign on the door says the new business moving into the spot is named Barbarians. Reliable sources previously indicated that the successor business will be a pizza place. Downtown Wahoo’s … Continue reading
The Pan restaurant at 18 E. Cota Street has closed. The eatery opened for business in February, 2012. I spoke with the Montesano Group, owner of The Pan, Joe’s Cafe, Lucky’s and other local eateries, and they offered these details: … Continue reading
I recently received a tip that The Pan restaurant at 18 E. Cota Street has been sold. The restaurant is only open on Friday & Saturday nights so I called them repeatedly during business hours last weekend and nobody answered … Continue reading
Readers Cris and Papa John let me know that YoYumYum frozen yogurt at 5915A Calle Real in Goleta has closed their doors for good. The eatery opened in June 2009 and competition, in the form of the popular dessert destination … Continue reading