Edhat founder Peter Sklar passed away a year ago today, on December 9, 2012, after a fifteen-month struggle with cancer. In 2003, he started Edhat.com. It was his dream of drawing the community together in a very unique way and he succeeded wildly. Evolving into one of the region’s most visited websites, Edhat.com went on to repeatedly win The Santa Barbara Independent‘s Best of Santa Barbara Award for Best Website. Edhat.com won again in 2013. Peter loved Santa Barbara. He was an avid runner, skier and backpacker. He ran five marathons, including Boston. He was a loving husband and a loving father to his two sons. He is survived by his wife Sue Foley, their sons Nick and Zack Sklar, his brother Michael Sklar and his family, his mother-in-law Lucy Foley, and countless friends. Peter, you left us too soon.
Peter Sklar with his dog Molly by the Santa Barbara Mission. Photo by Paul Wellman.
- Katie teall on MONTECITO CONFECTIONS SOLD
- Charlotte on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Don on NAPOLEON’S MACARONS CLOSES
- Rob on NAPOLEON’S MACARONS CLOSES
- VT on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Richard Lambert on TAMALES TO GO
- Sharon on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- whisele on R+D KITCHEN COMING TO MONTECITO
- Blush - Seasonal Californian cuisine and profound signature cocktails in a modern setting. Available for private parties.
- Bistro Eleven Eleven - A stylish restaurant located in the Hotel Mar Monte that serves contemporary American cuisine with California flair.
- Ca' Dario is a local favorite Italian restaurant that wins "Best Of" awards year after year.
- Coast Restaurant & Bar - Savory, accessible comfort food reflecting Santa Barbara's seaside access.
- Eladio's - Offering California Casual Comfort food for lunch and dinner with a panoramic view of the waterfront.
- EOS Lounge - A contemporary cocktail lounge and nightclub with an exotic atmosphere.
- Omni Catering is a unique, full-service catering and event production company that specializes in custom event creation.
- Pizza Guru - Traditional and eccentric gourmet pizzas, salads, panini & pastas. Local sources, organic goodness.
- Pizza Mizza - Much More than Great Pizza...we offer Santa Barbara's Best Gourmet Pizzas
- Pure Joy Catering offers the entire package in full service special event and wedding catering.
- Silvergreens - Making our food as healthy as possible without compromising taste. Eat Smart...Live Well.
- Sly's Steaks, Seafood & Cocktails has earned a reputation for high quality foods with a vintage flair using the best of local and in-season ingredients.
- Stella Mare's - Enjoy cocktails, wine and casual French Country cuisine in a unique and charming location overlooking the Bird Refuge.
- The Palace Grill - Features authentic Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée and more.
- The Marquee - Classic elegance located in the newly restored Granada Theatre
- The Savoy - A hybrid restaurant/lounge/concert hall and nightclub at 409 State Street
- Whole Foods Market - The premier location for organic produce and meats, local wines, specialty cheeses and more.