QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you can help reader Millie please leave a message in the blog.

Does anybody know where you can find good, hot broth (not cream) based soups in town? I know Little Alex’s carries a great and hot Chicken Soup but interested in knowing if there are other restaurants that make good soups that are served at a hot temperature.

- Millie

13 Responses to QUESTION OF THE DAY

1. Connie Milano says:

I can make Millie any soups she wants

2. Christine says:

Saigon restaurants or Noodle City in Old Town Goleta make Pho which is a Vietnese broth soup based on beef.

3. Charlotte says:

Playa Azul makes the BEST Albondigas soup in the world!

Agree on Vietnamese if you have never tried a chicken pho. Best soup I have found for a cold in town(and I have tried across multiple cuisines) is the Spinach Tofu Soup(has chicken and shrimp in it also) at Pattaya. Highly recommended for colds plus its really tasty.

5. Bob says:

If you can hit it on the right day, as they don’t always make it, but the chicken soup at The Rose Cafe on Haley is out of this world. Cures pretty much anything that ails you.

6. Lisa B. says:

Shang Hai’s egg drop soup, vegetable bean curd soup and hot and sour soup are a couple of my favorites. That’s where I go when I’m under the weather.

7. Erin says:

Cesars on Milpas has Caldo de Res(beef and vegetable soup)
    prepared fresh but only on Mondays. El Bajio has chicken or beef
    soup every day. Whole Foods has a tasty chicken noodle in the hot
    foods section. Oh an if you are going to try pho go to Noodle City
    in Old Town Goleta instead of Saigon. The broth is more authentic
    and incredibly more flavorful.

8. Barbara says:

I also like wor wonton soup from China Pavilion. I always add some Chinese hot mustard to it to spice it up, which really clears the sinuses when ill.

9. Millie says:

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I look forward to
    trying them all! And thanks Restaurant Guy! Keep up your great
    blog!

10. Hugh says:

The Del Pueblo Cafe has an excellent Albondigas soup. Pho is a good recommendation too and I really like it at Noodle City in old town Goleta. Believe it or not the soup at Zodos is also very good. My favorite however is certainly at Pattaya. Gelsons is one more place to check for take home.

11. Judy says:

Savoy Truffle has 4 soups daily, always one or two broth based. Also try Adama.

12. Fay says:

The Natural Cafe offers two different soups daily, Fresco also.