HOLIDAY PIE

This just in from Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop, 503 State Street:

Hi John,

Hope all is well. I was hoping you would kindly pass along the details of our HOLIDAY PIE APPEAL to your very attractive/handsome readers.

We aren’t going to be open on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day as that’s family time for our staff but we are offering a slice of Thanksgiving (and Christmas for our British customers) every other day until the end of the year with our new HOLIDAY PIE.

It consists of layers of…
- Roast Turkey Breast in Turkey Gravy
- Buttered Carrots and Peas
- Sage & Onion Stuffing
- Topped with Puréed Parsnip & Mashed Potatoes
- Side of Cranberry Sauce

They cost $7.50 each and $5 from each pie sold is going directly to the awesome people at ANGELS FOSTER CARE of Santa Barbara who do incredible work finding homes for kids who have had a distinctly crappy start in life. Check out www.angelssb.com for more information and a video that WILL make you cry.  Like all of our menu, they are available to go and enjoy at home.

We’ve had these on offer for a couple of weeks already with great feedback so hopefully your readers can help us raise even more money for this very worthy cause.

Much Appreciated,
Mac

Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop
503 State St
(805) 897 1160

7 Responses to HOLIDAY PIE

1. Charlotte says:

This is a fine example of giving back during the holiday season. I am not a religious person, but bless you.

2. Gerald Bostock says:

Mac & Kate, and staff, bless you!! FIVE BUCKS?! Wow, that is huge. Most benefits, even for employees, are 10%. I will be there more than once!
    Love the front page of your site; I so disagree with Fieri’s take on offal. But I have found inspiration in DD&D.
    Gratefully,
    a fan

3. Gerald Bostock says:

And Fieri doesn’t even like eggs. As a Bourdain fan and a soft yolk egg fanatic, I like to think I called myself an “egg slut” before he used the term.

4. Charlotte says:

Guy Fieri, Giada, Rachel Ray win the luckiest morons ever award! I had to cancel the Food Network Channel years ago, although I really miss Chopped.

5. Gerald Bostock says:

I hope Guy F. did well by Mac & Kate! And Savoy & Litos. And many other wonderful spots that have been covered on DD & D. I certainly understand being unable to watch a show due to personnel, but as I said, I still enjoy DD&D when I find it while surfing.

6. Gerald Bostock says:

BTW, and many of you probably know this, last time Tony Bourdain was in town (or the time before? It was Feb., I think 2 years ago when I saw him) he was asked where he had dinner and he highly praised Julienne. :-)

7. Mac says:

A ridiculously big thanks to everyone that came in to support our Holiday Pie Appeal for Angels Foster Care. We sold a whopping 182 pies which raised a magnificent $910. I’m humbled by the support and look forward to a cracking 2014.

Cheers,