PALOMA OPENS IN GOLETA

Rudy’s Restaurant at 5764 Calle Real, Goleta has completed the transformation to “Paloma Restaurant and Tequila Bar.” Rudy Alvaro, owner of Rudy’s, is also the owner of Paloma. The eatery has a new chef, a new menu serving authentic Mexican cuisine and a new, large front dining patio. Paloma offers sit-down table service in the evenings and walk-up ordering during the lunch hour.

Taco Tuesdays: Every Tuesday from 11am – 10pm Paloma offers $2 crispy  and soft tacos along with drink specials. Happy Hour: ​Weekdays 4:00-6:30 $5 fresh hand-squeezed margaritas, $5 well drinks, $3.50 premium draft beer, and appetizer specials.

Hours are Mon-Fri: 10:00am – 9:00pm, Sat & Sun: 8:00am – 9:00pm. For more information call 681-0766 or visit palomagoleta.com.

17 Responses to PALOMA OPENS IN GOLETA

1. Lily says:

Looks good. The chef headed Los Agaves for 5 years.

2. SL says:

Definitely a major change from Rudy’s. Hopefully Goleta is receptive. He is offering some dishes that I don’t believe you can find anywhere in the SB area. Chile en Nogada may be one of the oddest Mexican dishes out there. The mix of fruit and meat doesn’t win over everyone but kudos for offering it. As far as I know no where else offers Cochinta Pibil either.

3. christine! says:

Chile en Nogada is actually a stuffed pasilla chile with a walnut sauce and pomegranate seeds- the fruit they are referring to is probably a garnish- this dish is traditional and DELICIOUS.

4. mike guthrie says:

Best chef in this town he put Los Agaves on the map

5. Fay says:

I can’t wait; could be my new hang-out if the bar is comfortable.

6. Charlotte says:

Spent some time in Puebla and Taxco… Recognize a lot of these dishes. Can’t wait to go!

7. jeffrey munoz says:

Ive known both of the head chef at agaves for a while.
    Their good and dish selection is outstanding .
    I currently work at la Paloma old rudys with both of this amazing chef
    and I really recomend to stop bu have a drink have a plate of delicious
    Authenthic mexican dishes !

8. Kay Lee says:

I ate a quick lunch there on Friday and want to return for dinner and tequila soon. The new name reminded me of the La Paloma Café that was where Paradise Café is now. I used to go there with my Mom when I was a kid, 35-40 years ago.

9. Charlotte says:

We had dinner there last night. They spruced the place up a bit with new paint and beautiful estrellas lighting, and a nice patio. They need to dim the lights a bit, some nice music would improve the ambiance. Margaritas were great, service was really friendly and efficient. Conchinita Pibil was a really salty, really small portion, meh…black beans, $14. I really don’t mind small portions (prefer actually) the price needs to be reduced a bit OR If they had ladies making homemade tortillas on a plancha, it would be worth paying a bit more and really set them apart from so many other Mexican places in Goleta. I’ll be back.

10. Fay says:

I thought the opening was tonight 11/18?

11. Charlotte says:

Maybe they are having “opening specials” tonight. Place was buzzing last night.

12. Lily says:

I was there for lunch today and it was not walk up ordering. The food was great, but the salsa was boring. Everybody gets a mild salsa that was too tomatoey. My three favorite salsas are the charred pepper one from Los Agaves, the peanut salsa from La Colmena, and the cooked tomato salsa from Pollofino. With the former head chef from Los Agaves in the kitchen, they can do much better in the salsa department.