TAMIRA OPENS ON STATE STREET

tamiraNorthern Indian restaurant Tamira has opened at 1027 State Street in the former home of Spice Avenue. General Manager Remmie Menezes tells me that the staff and menu are unchanged from Spice Avenue but prices have been reduced significantly. “The lunch buffet price is really low now, $9.95 all you can eat,” says Menezes. “Dinner menu prices are way down now. Entrées start from $8 – $9. Before entrées were around $15.95 and we are half of that. The restaurant has the same food, same concept, and same food quality as Spice Avenue. The staff is the same and there is a new owner.” Menezes says that the Chef’s Specials, including Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Pepper Masala, are some of the most popular items on the menu. Tamira is open for lunch 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and dinner 5 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. For more information call 805-965-7555.

10 Responses to TAMIRA OPENS ON STATE STREET

1. Jerry says:

Oh Ok..So it is exactly the same but completely different. Just want to be clear.

2. Ice Man says:

I’ll give it a shot!

3. Liz says:

As fans of Sunny and Nancy who lost their lease only to have their restaurant copied by someone else…. I am not planning to try the new version of the restaurant!

• KT says:

Is it the new owners fault that Sunny and Nancy lost their lease? It’s a sad fact that rents on State Street are very difficult to afford, but I think we can try to support both the new restaurant at the old location and their new restaurant at the new location in Goleta.

4. John says:

Glad to hear that the location remains an Indian
    restaurant. That said, I’m not convinced that reducing prices and
    doing everything else exactly the same wil be a winning strategy.
    Our beautiful town is is need of a truly amazing Indian restaurant,
    as all the current curry houses in town, while of reasonable
    quality, offer very bland, toned down versions of authentic Indian
    cuisine. I would love it if someone came along and did it as well
    as the best in India or the UK … Pleeeeeeease!!!

5. Andrew says:

I will not eat there. Sunny and his best staff are now at
    The Indian Club on Calle Real in Goleta. Food is just as amazing as
    it was at Spice Avenue. Cheers Sunny!

6. JSA says:

Thinking of trying this tonight but… how “the same” can it be if the entree prices are $4-$5 less in price? I’m assuming the rent and probably the labor costs didn’t go down.

7. Val says:

We tried the significantly reduce price range also means
    reduced of quantity of food. There were very few pieces of chicken
    in my Chicken Tika Masala.

I agree on India Club, though the ambience may not be as good as Spice was the buffet is really good.